Respected Contributor

MsLomo..thanks. I also hope wearing the splint at night will help.

snappy

Valued Contributor

Hi Snappy; first of all, I am so happy that you were able to go see the baby and that the trip was nice.  I marvel at a baby's soft/silky skin.  They feel so wonderful in your arms.  Such a blessing.  She is our little "angel baby".

You will be happy to know that I am all healed up, so to speak.  A co-worker was just saying that you wouldn't even know that you had fallen and injured yourself.  I am being super careful.

I am also pleased to see that your daughter's shoulder is healing nicely.  Hope that it continues to do so.  Hope that the contractor has good news for you this afternoon.  Take care.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Issy, so nice to see you. Am relieved that you are all better! Whew ... there are hazards everywhere, and we must walk slowly and carefully. Judge Judy said to remember two words if you want to live a long life: "Don't fall." Did you decide what to get the person who helped you up after you fell? Thank goodness she was there, and you are kind to give her something in appreciation. 

I remember one year I fell THREE TIMES -- all probably just a couple of months apart. One of the times, I was dreaming that my son was calling me, and I tried to hurry out of bed and I fell on the floor. Another time it was in the Kroger parking lot -- took a header over a little cart I was pushing over a grated gully in the pavement. The third time, I was checking emails on my phone at a friend's house and sort of "wandered" to the edge of her step-down entrance to the living room (whish, boom!). In all three episodes, I was thankful that I wasn't on America's Funniest Videos, although I do think any one of them would have won! 

Snappy, I hope and pray that David the contractor came over at 4 today and that DD was able to order the appliance package and that you have a start date. Yep, got to get this going! (Ed Sullivan, "Let's get this shew on the road!") It's going to be wonderful when it's finished! So, GD is 32 ... that is a fine age to have a baby. I think about her and I hope the best for her. She sounds very sweet.

Cute t, I hope all is well with you and your family. I can't believe that fall will soon be here. Life is whizzing by ... too fast!  

@NAES, hope you are feeling better. Hi to you and Sashay and of course your loving DH!

@10grands, I meant to say hi to you when you were here recently. Hope all is well, and please come back.

Heart to all

Trusted Contributor

P.S. I want you all to know that I was at HSN ordering some Vince Camuto shoes, and I wandered over to the HSN Community and saw a post from Bassetbabe (I think her name here was "Dawn" although we referred to her by her HSN name "Bassetbabe"). Her beloved basset Ruby passed away recently. In a reply to a message from me, she said she misses the good times we always had and to let you know that she misses us here. I am passing along her message. What a loving person she is! Heart

Valued Contributor

Hi MsLomo......I miss BassetBabe, too.  Wish that she would chat with us over here.

To answer your question about the gift--I purchased a topaz & sterling silver, link bracelet from the boutique for the lady who helped me.  The topaz stones were quite large and were kind off the color of brandy.  Of course, she loved the gift and was very appreciative.

It was a perfect gift, and I was happy to do it for her.  

Mr. 6'2" still loves his Tesla, and is thinking about getting another one.  How is your son doing?  

BTW, I still think of Bathina, too.  See you later.

Valued Contributor

Hi Cute.  How are you doing?  I heard about the merger of QVC & HSN.  That should be very interesting.  I have gotten very spoiled.......I don't go to the mall to shop.  It is much more convenient to TV shop, etc.  A lot of retailers are feeling the pinch.

Any plans for the weekend?  I need to run errands this weekend.  See you later.

Respected Contributor

Hi Issy, I had lots of trouble getting on here today and my post on WT disappeared and then reappeared, so this will be brief.

There is something so precious about the babies. They are so soft and sweet. She's 2 weeks already and has been in a photo shoot after winning a contest for her looks. I don't know what it's about but she slept through it as everything else.

So happy you are feeling and looking all better. That could have been a really bad thing, thankful it wasn't worse.

The contractor would have begun work here on Monday or Tuesday but we have doctors appointments both days, so the start date is Wednesday. DD is very busy emptying cupboards and drawers. We have thrown things away and have boxes of stuff for a charity that's coming on Tuesday. We think we've decided what to do with the fireplace, but need to speak with him. He can get the appliances we chose for less, so that's what we decided. They are LG in the stainless that's treated against fingerprints and smudges.

DD#1 is doing well. They are also having some remodeling done starting the 24th. They are taking out the carpeting and having tile that looks like wood put down instead. It's so much better with the dog. It's such a tiny space, that they are spending a week or so at a neighbor's house while they are on vacation.

I have to get an echo and the holter monitor and find a driver or a housesitter so we can do that. And, I see the neurologist about the CMT Aug 1st, so that's another need.

I know the Lord will provide, He aways does.

Stay safe and cool,

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi MsLomo, I remember the really big "shoe" .....we try so to be careful, and then fall when we perceive no danger at all. So grateful you are okay from all of them.

We are working hard...mostly DD...getting this place ready for demo on Wednesday.

A chance to get rid of stuff we didn't even recognize or use. Have to go through the pantry and check sell by dates, etc.

The workers will put the fridge in the garage which is attached at the front of our house. So we will need to go out the front door and into the garage to get food, but it will work out.

We haven't firmed up the fireplace look, but DD has seen things she likes, I'm okay with them. David has ordered the appliances. We have to pay him, of course. We haven't signed any contracts, but he's reliable...if not always timely. I just have to figure out drivers and house sitters for the 3 appointments I have with doctors. DD#1 is willing to come and take me to all of them, but I don't want her doing that.

I had lots of trouble getting on here today, so I'm going to sign off.

Maybe I won't get here as often for a while, or maybe I'll be bored in  my bedroom and chat all day!

You take care of that finger, and stay on your feet...

snappy Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

WOW !! MsLoMo so glad YOU were in touch with BassetBabe and i'm so Sorry Her Baby Ruby passed away to RAINBOW Heaven.. Yes the Memories of all of us Hanging out so long ago, yet seems like yesterday.. Thank-You so much for sharing this with us.. SAD and Happy times, here and Their..

Trusted Contributor

Hello Issy and thanks for the chat.. Yes Weather is perfect here, and we now have Rain, as much needed.. BOY the weekend went so fast, my hubby will be back at work tomorrow..

sounds like you our finding good bargains and yes i'm with you as so easy to shop on T.V. and delivered to our front door..and no driving threw traffic.. yes our mall is not doing good and J.C. penny's moved out..

Hoping you and 6'2 had a Great weekend..

Good Night and thanks for the CHAT..