Valued Contributor

MsLomo.....I almost forgot to answer your question about Southern Charm.  Thomas gets on my nerves, and Whitney reminds me of Norman Bates--he is always so awkward.  I think that Cameron is really cute.  As for Landon, can't stand her giggling all of the time. Shep needs to grow up.  I like Craig.  Kathryn is beautiful--love her children who seem to be really happy.  I love the architecture of Charleston.  Would love to visit.

See you later.

Respected Contributor

Hi cute, it's easy to see how you got Issy and NAES confused since they both had bad falls. Praying for both of them to get better soon. For sure if our Issy got married, we would hear about it and be included in the bridal party.

Glad you got rain. It's really hot out here. In the 100s for the coming days. Our old AC is still working.

DD talked with the contractor today. He could come next Tuesday but that's the day I see the cardiologist, so now we wait some more for him to set a time. DD has lots of boxes so we can pack up the kitchen cupboards. I think we will just give away the things we don't want. Probably to a charity since the family doesn't seem interested in more stuff.

I'm eager to hold that little baby...

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi Issy, good to see you today. I think it's lovely of you to give that lady a gift.

I agree about wanting it to be something lasting. And you have such good taste, she will love whatever it is. Are you left handed?

My DD#1 is still in that awkward brace that holds her right arm out as if about to shake someone's hand. Of course she is right handed. No driving, no lifting with that arm.

She had PT today and I hope it helps her. Glad for her hubby.

Praying you feel better real soon.

MsLomo...got a laugh out of your post as usual. For sure we would all need bridesmaids dresses, and someone would have to decorate my walker so I'd look "stylin'" whilst walking down the aisle.

NAES....we continue to think of you and pray you recover completely.

snappy Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Heart and Heart and more Heart ~For @MsLomo

If anyone has not had a 'simple short-timed-'  MRI, then there is no amount of information I could write explaining those 3 hours.

As I knew, and definitely had heard from my patients, very few can go into the hollow capsule without being LOOPED or a mild sedation. 

One man was there for an ultra sound, and from what my husband heard from his wife, had to be put under- MEN!

It was one of those things -THE ACCIDENT-. I, like Issy could not answer when I hit, so I do understand her *ACCIDENT*. 

Thank you MsLomo understanding this convoluted bad incident with your message to me~ "thinking about you"

I am slowly coming back, much better than last month but the inflammmmmmed femur (large leg bone (hip socket) is sore as a boil.

The doctor (excellent physician) said all of my pain is/was coming from my thoracic vertebraes, ( along ) with the L2- L4 and S1.

Cat Surprisedscared Sashay from a deep sleep ...of course she is back to normal one would come to believe (?) !!!!

I have not been on any other forum/thread explaining.

As I mentioned I will get around eventually unless anyone should come here to visit. Life goes on and I did not want to bring that much attention to just me. 

The physician said I had the bone DEXA (scan) health readout of a 20 year old

~~~~pretty darn good for someone 21Woman Very Happy (LAUGHING).

I have not been out of my home, alone for two months; the doctors and imaging center/only.

What is frustrating to some minor degree, that I cannot have my hair done due to having time involved sitting.

``Am going to try a DIY shampoo with conditioner/shower`` 

________Thank you so much for asking________MsLomo Heart

OH,

so giggly happy that you are Mauved Up. I had no idea you could not wear any shade in the reds.

I put some gorgeous red (lipstick) on, spritzY my neck with some French perfume, put my hair up, applied my moisturizer with some blush and looked well {{enough}} to go out dancing, instead got plenty of sweet nothin's in my ear and kisses. Choosing the latter. I wore my long red lounge soft jersey and felt like a million/w/rx~ That will do it; I'm on a mission to stay as positive as I have been all my life.

This too will pass. "OR LESSEN".

Remember, I received for my birthday, that little BLUE box that I can wear later.

Much love To You, always~

@MsLomo wrote:

@NAES1, thank you so much for letting us know what you have been going through. My heart goes out to you! That MRI -- three hours of banging clanging awful! Of course you were a model patient during the MRI!  Smiley Happy

I am thinking about you ... Heart

Trusted Contributor

Thank-You Snappy for keeping me on track, as very Confusing !! Yes Issy has to get our Permission before she ties the Knock, as we have a Lot of Planning to do for her and 6'2.. here...

Yes i'm excited  for you and your New Great granddaughter.. as Holding her.. and Spoiling her.. this is what WE DO, as Grandparents and Great Grandparents.. !! then they can take them home.. after we spoil them rotten..

Yes Sunny here WE had rain in the night before last and Rain yesterday Morning.. one inch and a little over.. of rain..

My Hubby and i mowed our lawn early this Morning as very HUMID here now and Bright SUNSHINE..

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS is in Order for Q V C and H S N as they Join Together !! as one Shopping place..

Hoping all of YOU have a GREAT Weekend and thanks so much Snappy for being here !!

Today our Grandson and his wife our Celebrating 10 years of Marriage, and a New Baby on the way.. !!!  LIFE is Good...this family is on a ROLL !!

Esteemed Contributor

@snappyfrappy wrote:

Hi cute, it's easy to see how you got Issy and NAES confused since they both had bad falls. Praying for both of them to get better soon. For sure if our Issy got married, we would hear about it and be included in the bridal party.

Glad you got rain. It's really hot out here. In the 100s for the coming days. Our old AC is still working.

DD talked with the contractor today. He could come next Tuesday but that's the day I see the cardiologist, so now we wait some more for him to set a time. DD has lots of boxes so we can pack up the kitchen cupboards. I think we will just give away the things we don't want. Probably if  to a charity since the family doesn't seem interested in more stuff.

I'm eager to hold that little baby...

snappy Heart

I needed to get with you snappy after I had recently read this ...so much going on ~it appears. 

There is so much to do being time consuming when redecorating, changing one room from its original condition, or repairing-adding ( as you mention) new appliances. BUT! I know when completed the kitchen will be so updated; I do understand the inconvenience of not being in the way, though.

Reading back I know the Sunday excitement is coming very soon to hold your little great granddaughter. What a thrill to be strong enough to travel that far, visit and "Take Photos".

Then your doctor's appointment the following Tuesday. 

I sincerely hope that your older daughter's physical therapy has given her some relief; a lot of issues on your mind, I am thinking        *________hoping though that the visit with your newest addition will absolve everything else. So HAPPY~

We have the air conditioning on 24/7 at a different temperature for the mornings, then change at night time. 74 is very comfortable when it is 80-85.

Today we had a very long and harsh rain storm, so that will cause the humidity to be like walking into a sauna.

I had remembered last summer when you said with a hope and prayer that your air conditioner would be efficient in cooling the house, even though it was 16+, now.

I am very thankful when I heard that you did have a cool home with temps of 95. The highest, here, has been 88.

"What a blessing for the privilege of a controlled climate to live in". I never take what most automatically are use to, rather grateful".

Wonderful that you have the means to box unused things and move those out for others' needs. I have been doing that, also. SUCH A CHORE!

Having 'no' idea of your grandson, his wife ( for the future ) if they would need or use most of what you are giving away, but understand they do live with the young mom's mother at this time. In time they will buy what their desires may be.

Thinking of you with any health issues, the Sunday visit, the Tuesday's app't with your cardiologist, along with the summer dealings with contractors, busy men in kitchen, but glad that you have the back of your home to relax in. Very anxious in knowing [all of this] completion will be (SHOULD BE -?) finished before your daughter returns to her new year. 

Will be thinking of you all day Sunday because I know so well how long you have waited for this visit, your precious new generation. I send God's blessings for you with love from me.

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@snappyfrappy,

"sorry that I excluded the @ sign, again"

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY, SUNDAY.

Hugs and a kiss from me to her. NAES

Can not wait to hear 'OF' the entire visit. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi cute, congratulations to your GS and his wife! And a baby on the way. Oh goody.

You will get to see that little one more often than the ones in TX. How is that family?

Oh I wish we had that rain. It's 105 in our yard now. It's hotter where DS and DDIL live, but that won't keep me from seeing and cuddling that little great granddaughter. She is so cute. I love the pictures they send me. Keep them on my phone and computer.

I don't know what you mean about the Q and HSN joining together....

Thanks for being here.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi NAES, glad you have that great new climate control. Yes, our 30 year old AC is still working. So grateful.

It's 105 here, but nice inside where I intend to stay. Tomorrow will be tiring, but oh joy, to hold that little one. I know I have to share her with her grand aunts who have also not met her, but I intend to hog as much time as possible. I'm already thinking of what to get her for Chritmas. She will be 6 months old then and FUN.

Sounds like you are experiencing a bit of improvement and I pray so every day.

Can't imagine such pain.

We are concerned about when the contractor will actually come and help us with the final decisions and then do the work. Time flies. A few years ago when the family was coming here, I put some crystal dishes and other nice things on the table so they could take what they wanted, and nobody did. They all have stuff of their own. The kids live with her parents, but she used to be out on her own so she has a lot of things if they are able to move to a place of their own, which I hope happens sooner than later.

DD#1 is coming along well after her shoulder surgery. She just had a treatment the name of which I can't recall. They drew her blood and spun it and injected the plasma and platelets into the shoulder to aid in healing. She said it didn't hurt much at all.

She has to wear the brace to sleep and out where she might be jostled, but otherwise, she can take it off unless she feels unsafe. She drove to a bridal shower today.

Sorry you have that wicked humidity. We are blessed in that regard for sure. Dry heat.

Not looking forward to the cardiologist visit. If he thinks I should go off my meds or change something, I will say "no". After so many years in a more or less stable place, I'm not rocking the boat.

Am  hoping the eye doc can help me more. My good eye aches. I mean the eyeball and the orbital bone. Not all the time, but it never did before. DD#2 and I see him on the 17th. She has a freckle behind her eye that they keep checking all the time because she has had a melanoma on her leg. She will need a driver...me...and she can help me with the walker. He's going to cautherize 2 of my tear ducts, and try to put in 2 plugs in the other ones. That hurts when he has to prod with a sharp thing to open them.

BTW, I don't see the need for the @, So don't be concerned about it.

Enjoy your weekend,

snappy Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Snappy, I think you must be on your way home now from "G-G Heaven." I can't wait to hear all about that precious little doll!

Regarding the QVC/HSN news: The QVC owner (Liberty Interactive) is going to buy the rest of HSN (that it doesn't currently own) for $2.1 billion. The brands QVC and HSN will stay separate, though, because each has loyal customers for different reasons. But there will be efficiencies in operation so that together the entity can compete better with Amazon.

A big hello to Cute t, Issy, NAES, and everyone else who reads and posts here.

Heart