Respected Contributor

NAES.... am salivating over the birthday dinner! What a special "guy" you have.

And, whatever comes out of YOUR kitchen is bound to be delicious and plentiful, to say nothing of nutritious!

As long as it's virtual food for us, I'm for saturated fat, sugar, BREAD..any kind.

Not in bed resting. Have to have the house presentable for my sis and niece tomorrow morning. Got the bathrooms cleaned, except for showers which DD does. Made some headway in the kitchen, but told her she has to help me with that. It's close to 3 out here, cloudy with lots of wind blowing the spinners.

All the best the Lord has for you, dear friend,

snappy Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

HaaaHAaaaaaaaa...good thing, cuz my husband said  am the worse TIPPER {of anyone } he has ever known.

Really?! And I thought everyone loved loved a tip where to buy the best aftershaves/ perfumes. ("there's a silly joke in there -somewhere")

...............no, I'm okay at around 15%, but now hearing it's 20%. 

is it true that the waitstaff servers do not have a salary, but always depend on the tips? I would become very hungry IF ( receiving tips) gradualism- with my personality, if any one wanted something taken back.

I wouldn't.   I believe the word would would be Fired.

I do have a gererous heart, just not a big as husband's when `````` eating out..

I better do some serious thinking on this. Woman Wink

@MsLomo

4-26-'17

Trusted Contributor

Haha about the "tips," as in where to buy perfume.

NittyNat, servers get paid probably $1.80 or $2 per hour (not sure, but it's very low), and they depend on tips! They must have them! Even if I get terrible service, I will still tip, because sometimes it's very busy, someone didn't show up, the kitchen is to blame (not the server), the server is new, etc. I give 20% -- sometimes more -- for great service.

I've worked a lot of different jobs in my life, but I've never worked as a server. I think it is a very demanding job, and I don't think I could do it without losing my mind.

Snappy, your DD's legs are not used to all that walking around! Plus, all the restaurant (salty) food ... she might be retaining fluid. I hope she can keep her legs elevated as much as possible. Maybe a nice massage would help, too! Sounds like everyone is taking care of her, thank goodness. I hope she gets relief soon!

Issy, just in case I can't get here tomorrow, I want to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  You are our glamour sweetie pie, and we love you!!

Have fun tomorrow, Snappy!!! Then you can REST and get better!!

Heart

Valued Contributor

Hey MsLomo....good to see you here.  Yes, the party is on.  We will be picked in the limo and the Glam Squad is ready to glitz us up.  Of course, we will be shopping at the boutique on the house and getting a free wig and a goody bag, too, full of surprises.

BTW, I walked around the corner to antique row on Wednesday and found a gorgeous alligator purse for $35.  It is stamped inside "Genuine Alligator Made in Cuba".  It has to be from the forties.  I was thrilled. 

Hope that your finger is doing better.  See you later, alligator.

Valued Contributor

Hi NAES.  Thanks for stopping by, and a very belated Happy Birthday to you.  There seem to be a lot of us celebrating in the month of April.

BTW, my brother is doing very well.  I often think about how you helped me thru that ordeal.

I am happy that Lady Sashay is happy and thriving, thanks to you and your DH.  You are blessed.  Take care.

Valued Contributor

Hi Snappy.  Hope that you are having a wonderful time with your sister & niece.  I see that you are feeling better.  Have you heard from DD#1?  Hope that she was able to rest her legs, but I know that she and her DH are having a great time. 

BTW, how is the mother and baby doing these days?  Take care, dear one.

Valued Contributor

Hi Cute.  Glad that you had your roof fixed--at least you didn't have to pay for it.  That is a blessing for sure.  I am happy to see that your GS is back from his trip.  I think that he should write a book on his travel experiences.  That would be so interesting.  He must have a very out going personality to be able to relate to people that way that he does.

Will you be out and about this weekend?

Trusted Contributor

Issy, I hope you are having a WONDERFUL birthday!! I love the plans you have for us for tonight. I will put on red shoes and rub the heels together, close my eyes, and wish all of it to be true.

I can't believe you found an alligator bag for that price! Whoa, gurl!! I read that alligator is more valuable than crocodile .... You find the coolest things. I would go out of my mind (in a good way - ha!) if I lived and worked where you do.

I have been keeping my "fashion spending" way down, mostly because nothing is calling my name. If I worked in your building, I'd be spending more! Also, I am continuing to prune my clothes and jewelry and, at this time, feel that I have more than enough to wear. I want to wear out what I have.

Spoiler
Robot LOL Hmmm, we'll see how long THAT lasts. Robot tongue

Snappy, I hope DD's legs are getting better. When does she go to her friend's chalet? I am hoping you feel better, without any return of the fever.

Devia, is it getting close to your new great-grand's due date?

@NAES1, I like that Issy, our birthday girl today, called Sashay "Lady Sashay." That's a name that could stick.

My index finger ... four weeks in the splint ... two more weeks to go. If the ruptured tendon is not healed by then, it's back to the hand doc.

Heart

Valued Contributor

Hey MsLomo........good to see you.  I went back "around the corner" to that same shop because I had seen a silver & turquoise squash blossom necklace in the display case that caught my eye.  I had every intention of buying it, but guess what?  It was originally $750 marked down to $500.  I decided that it was too rich for my blood.  I was tempted to pay at least $300 for it but I am gonna pass on it.  Maybe they will mark it down some more.  I did find another black alligator purse and a huge bling ring--leopard's head.  It is gorgeous.

BTW.....I found a small beige alligator purse at the Goodwill for $8.99.  The strap was broken, so people didn't want it.  I just cut the rest of the strap off and I am going to add a gold chain--sort of like the "Chanel" handbags. 

It is "party time".........

Trusted Contributor

Hello Issy and Yes Our Grandson has a Great Personality !! he enjoys people and trying different foods in these places.. He takes pictures of the Food, and so delicious looking.. Yes if he wrote a Book it would be exciting.. he is not afraid to be in mud up to his knees..

WOW !! we our in the 60's Rainy and COLD, yes we went from having the heat on then the AC and Now back to the Heat.. different weather..

Yes My Hubby and i will be out and About Starting Tomorrow.. !! our Kitchen will be on Vacation.. !! Let the FUN Begin..

Hoping you and 6'2 will have a Super Weekend..

Good Night for now.. and YES Baby Buny was back,in our Yard this Morning !! He has no bunny tail..Yes Our roof is Fixed and just in time for a RAIN Storm, Glad we did not have to pay for it..

" HAPPY ~~ BIRTHDAY " to YOU !! and may YOU shop till YOU Drop.. !!