Esteemed Contributor

@cute t wrote:

Hello Naes and Thanks for the PRAYERS for Our Grandson, Our Grandson has a wife and family.. and YES he SAFE in New ZEALAND.. and today was Beach time and Canoeing with the Children there and Tomorrow Hiking up the Mountains with the Children.. Yes he has been to Hatii , Africa, Europe, Greece, Germany, Italy, Paris , France , Jamacia , Hawaii , Las Vegas Work related, and Church related He gives Many Speeches Far and Near !! also helps Foreign Countries to make use of there EARTH.. He is not Afraid to get dirty. Works In MUD with his Hands..  ... but this O Granny still Worries.. !! hoping You our doing Good.. Sounds like YOU have a Lots of Cats..

Thanks so much for the PRAYERS and the CHAT..Naes our Grandson has been Flying alone at the age of 5 .. with Complete Strangers, and his grandpa and i would be there to pick him up from the AirPort.. and WE would always Drive him home to another State ..he knew how to use a Phone and to stay right beside the Sterwardress .. he remember Our Phone number at a very young age.. HE racked up mileage on Flights at a Young age.. But yes This Granny still worries..

cute'T'   

I take your word for his TRAVELS ...rather more 'safe ... IN places' where he has been, traveled to, and who the people are """""" if dealing with churches, volunteer work, geography wise"""""".    

Not in forsaken lands, as I had thought to read.

With - Not - **** knowing his age****, now, then he should know his dangerous -no zone- areas, one would come to believe. Thinking he was may 'be' a youngster (??)

I assumed!

No one has to thank me for my prayers as THANKS.

I do thoughtful acts when anyone asks. I consider that as kindness for the person asking, which you did:

the `feel good`::: what we should be thoughtful as mere kindness for each other.

Since grandson has been flying since age 5, then I was very surprised that you  had not been through he leaving a long distance, once again.  He definitely should know that Australia is a hot bed. In the news. Apparently, more so for work, being compensated.

I am assuming this is not all for free, that is what I thought: work related- paid. WAS PUZZLED of his age. Still could be very young?

Yes,,,,,, we do have concerns for today's world, "just as bad"... what had been the same __'evils'__ when Jesus walked through Bethlehem.

Each time any loved one **steps out side* the door from home.

Glad he is there, safe - and you are not as worried as before.

THANKS ...usually don't use that word, but will..THANKS.

Have a great day, and all through the year. I am trusting~

Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi Issy, happy to know James is still around. The weather is so nice now that being outside is almost better.

Is your SIL having an Easter get together? I see you are going shopping for that day, so I wondered. Maybe YOU are hosting....that would be fun.

Our PO told DD that I should call the one in the city where the envelope was sent, so I did and they looked for it, but couldn't find it. Gave me a phone number for PO investigators, sort of police. Haven't called yet. Did contact the friend who is my tax person, but no answer yet. Deadline is approaching, so she is busy, busy, I'm sure. DD is concerned about it. She thinks I might need to close out my checking account and open it with a new number. We would both have to go since it's joint. So far nobody has tried to charge anything or take money out of my accounts, and I'm thankful.

Babies do get hiccups and it's really obvious when they are inside you. We are all glad for each day she stays where she belongs and gets bigger and stronger.

Once they learn how to turn over, like your friend's little boy, they can get anywhere they want to. I remember my GS rolling across the living room floor just to get to a potted plant. He loved to stick his fingers in the potting soil! I wondered the other day if people still use play pens. Sometimes I had to put my kids there to be safe while I cooked, or did some necessary thing. Of course there was a box of  toys they promptly threw out onto the floor and then they cry because there's nothing to play with. Ah, memories.

Had my dental visit today. All is well. Had that sticky varnish put on. It has sort of a strong taste, but helps prevent cavities. Friday is the radiation oncologist.

Tomorrow the contractor is coming at noon to talk about the kitchen remodel. Oh, my.

DD is afraid to spend money, and this will be costly, but we will do what she wants.

Good to see you,

snappy

Esteemed Contributor

Heart @snappyfrappy ~

I had spoken to my husband 'of' this situation several times:

A. The 1st was when you first told of the tax preparer not receiving after five days. 

B.)  He cautiously mentioned that if lost, for whatsoever reason, it is likely that it was probably either torn to bits within the assembly line, or tossed over into another carrier for -say- lost... never found, or never asked for, earlier

C.) I really do not believe THIS had anything to to with extra papers included, because the tax lady would HAVE received it, *_paid_ the extra cost; that has happened to us several times from a friend sending photos, scripts / lyrics to a song, or with my brother.

"I sent several heavy papers in a manila folder with $.15 due..he paid the postman and received what I sent".

D.) It may be something very strange and show UP mid year or next year.  > {guessing for the best}.

E.) Hopefully (??), no one would have stolen it from the post office, but I am not 'as' trusting with the majority of people having seasonal work..I just have my doubts...fat envelope -too enticing / RICHYYY looking and curiosity sets in.

F.) Now! What he asked was:::: -'certainly the tax lady has [all ] of your -the same IMPORTANT papers on FILE, as was in the stuffed envelope, if not, she should have,  :::::being that she has done this for you around many Aprils:::::

G.) Yes, I am expecting that a police watch would be an investigation, but know that this has happened to someone else and _they_ are very familiar of the NO SHOWing. 

(??) 'Again the tax lady should have copies of everything, if not, then make copies yourself before sending out. 

I have always (before on line filing) sent everything via, REGISTERED mail, Not Certified, but with a signature needed before coming, or going back to the return address, even though it was not yours..... Before it goes anywhere else; that holds *Clout*.

When this was told several weeks ago, I did ask why did daughter NOT take it herself or put in it the hands of a supervisor and have it weighed and STAMPED REGISTERED with also your return...?

I must be very hard core when it comes to business and most of it was taught to me from my husband, son, or self-taught...

'''it happens every day and will to someone else, again'''.

Too many people -large state- few seasonal workers.

I definitely understand your frustration to a point,

` but there are files at the courthouse that can be traced / annuities, etc..she should know that.

"The best to hope for is that no one opened it, having more information, that is not theirs- crime for that"! "IF CAUGHT".

Something like this usually happens to all of us-sooner or later..you are not alone with mail lost. 

Closing off all SS# and any checking #s, is a good idea, but if found by someone, wouldn't you have known by now, if scammed, in any way.    Identity stolen?

I have not heard you say that-yet.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy and thanks so much for the chat !! Hoping you Find your TAX Papers.. Our Mail is so messed up anymore, i got 2 packages and they took them to our Neighbors House.. as YIKES.. and our House # is real big by the front of Our House.. yes sounds like the New Baby is doing Good and YES stays Put until the Right time as Not to soon.. Today was a Lovely Day here, and we have a New tiny Baby Bunny in our Back Yard..

yes Our Grandson will be home on the 19th. he will miss EASTER SUNDAY as it's the 16th. Yes as a Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Great Grandmother we Never STOP Worrying.. i will be glad when he is Back home.. He loves to Travel, and he Learns so much.. ADVENTEROUS for Sure.. Yes there House is Under ground, and there Lawn looks Like a Park, and Kiddy Land.. They have Huge Cook Outs for Family and Church.. OUT SIDE, as Cooking on OLD Fashion Kettles..

Hoping YOU our Doing Good and Thanks so much Snappy for the PRAYERS for My Grandson as SAFE TRAVELS.. YES Prayers Work.. Good Night !!

Respected Contributor

Hi NAES, I appreciate the concern you and your hubby have for me. DD and I didn't even think about sending that legal slzed envelope by certified or registered mail. Don't know why. We have a drive thru at our PO and that's where it was mailed. The PO in the town where my friend lives checked, but could not find it. So far nothing has been taken from my account nor has the check been cashed. It may have been shredded, and again it may turn up one day. My friend had put sufficient postage on it if I had just returned the 2 papers she wanted me to sign, but I didn't know she didn't want me to return ALL the papers. That's why I think it needed extra postage.

I have also paid for things that were sent to me with inadequate postage, but not for years.

I called my bank today to ask what to do. They said they can't do anything over the phone. I have to go in and they would recommend stopping payment on the check and closing the account and opening a new one.

I know that it costs $35.00 to stop payment, and the check was just $70. so I don't think it's worth it. I have to write another one so she gets paid.

DD will have to go with me since it's a joint account. The papers did not have numbers for my savings accounts. It had my SS number, but all but the last 4 numbers were blacked out. My credit card statement came recently and there was no funny business on it.

I really am not worried about it, but DD is so we will probably do something.

I have the tax returns, and my friend has efiled both to the state and the IRS.

So no problem there.

Thanks again for your interest and your suggestions.

snappy

Respected Contributor

Hi cute, DD and I are going to the bank in a few minutes to take care of the things I told NAES.

The contractor came this morning and took measurements for flooring, counter tops, cupboards, etc. He will let us know next week how much it will cost. DD wants cream colored cupboards, and quartz countertops. I know he will move the dishwasher from left to right of the sink. He wants us to have a stainless steel sink, and all new appliances.

Don't know what color the walls will be or how we will update the fireplace which is brick, but we will figure that out as we move along.

I'm glad your GS is doing well and pray for safety as he comes home. Sorry he will miss being here for Easter, but that's how it is this year.

We had 3 little bunnies running around the back yard a couple of days ago. So tell your bunny his California family is doing just fine!

snappy Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@MsLomo wrote:

Here I am, "Hopalong Fingers," typing with a splint on one finger (the mallet finger), and the silver device on the one next to it. (swan neck deformity) Ugh. I end up using my thumb and fourth finger (of my right hand) to do most everything. Turning a key in a door is a real challenge. I have a bad habit of being hyper and trying to do too much at once, such as opening a door with my key, using the two aforementioned "digits," while holding my purse and some groceries at the same time. Yeeesh.

Snappy, I hope you will never try to stand too long, even if someone comes over to visit and you are being your polite, sweet self. I hope you will keep lightweight "folding" chairs around, such as in the garage or wherever someone might stop to talk to you. That way, you can sit down and not have to stand so long that your muscles start quivering. I remember that time you had a visitor, and you were standing too long! How I wish I could have given you a chair so you could sit and rest while talking/listening!

Your family get-together was fabulous! How wonderful that you all enjoyed each other. Great news about GD's raise and GS's journeyman job. I'm happy that your cotton LOGO dress was comfortable -- and I bet very cute!

Some women get VERY tired while pregnant. One person I worked with who was working as a secretary would fall alseep every afternoon with her head ON HER TYPEWRITER. I am not kidding! She could not stay awake.

Snappy, the kitchen remodel is going to be exciting. Let's hope their schedule is open this summer so they can be working while DD is not working. I cannot believe the summer is almost here again!  P.S. I have not dyed any eggs and probably won't, but I keep looking at Easter candy. I didn't get anything for myself, and I want to -- just a little piece. Are you going to dye any eggs?

@NAES1 (NittyNattyKnows), I cannot believe you made it through sending your son to Australia for the summer when he was 14! Just reading that -- whoa -- sent me straight to the couch with a cold compress. AAAIIIEEEE!!! (I did laugh, though, about the apron strings!) I think I am probably qualified to be an officer (high ranking) of the Helicopter Parents Club. But I think it's because my DS was always reserved and sensitive, and he did not like crowds or loud noises or change, so he definitely was not the type who wanted to go to the next TOWN, let alone another continent. And I would never "make him" do anything he didn't want to do if he had strong feelings about it. All kids are different, and it felt "right" to me to "go with" what he was comfortable with, just as you did with your son who wanted to branch out and go to ... Australia! (Where is that compress?!) lol

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you that I do not have more therapy sessions with the hand doc or his therapy department. The doc said if/when the mallet finger starts to "flag" and/or hurt, put it back in the splint. The trick is to keep it taped and straight for about six weeks, never letting it bend, and then I know what gentle exercises to do several times a day after the six weeks. I've completed only a couple of weeks, and it's a big pain, but I've got to keep doing it. (ugh)

Cute t, when is your grandson coming back from New Zealand? I know that he is very adventurous and also is motivated by a need to help others. I do hope all will go smoothly for him. How is your Texas family? Glad that your DDs are fine.

Issy, I bought THREE "as is" Lisa Rinna Twist Front Tops -- in the green, ivory, and navy. I can't believe how good they look (even if I do say so myself!!). And the price was great. I would not have paid $80 for each of them because, as you know, I like the challenge and thrill of the hunt for a great deal. Can you imagine if the "hello ladies" went bargain-shopping? What fun! And then out to lunch, of course.

My fingers are starting to get on my nerves, so I will stop now! Best to all. Heart

@                ~*~*~*~* @MsLomo

The splint should STAY on for a consecutive 6 weeks and no taking off because the tendons to the nerves become angry, also you {MAY} not be surprised if going back to square 1.

Look at the splint as a cast and tape securely. Even though you may not be able to use the other hand, isn't the healing of your finger more important than shopping, and ooh, cooking. 

The alignment of the finger is just as important of the alignment of a nerve path that KNOWS when the finger is out of its original form, being aligned, as in wheels on your car. 

@  ``Remember back to what @snappyfrappy went through for those every DAY long weeks. ?mmh?

If no typing, then the healing will MENDING comes much faster, unless you can type with the non-claimant hand..I can't, but would with a pencil, if necessary.

As I tell my husband, "please, don't be in a rush..SUMMMIN' gonna happen". Sending you a basket of flowers, but let someone else do the watering. Heart with love. 

THINK! What if you had no fingers. 

Sashay is the smarter of the two of us!

Oh!  That cooking task is coming soon to a kitchen I know, soon.

You can do the cooking and I'll tend to the finger recovery.

DEAL?.........................?

'opening a door with two fingers, while

TURNING,,,,,,,,

....the key Woman Surprised

I'll remember that if _ever,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Trusted Contributor

Oh, @NAES1, our "hello" NittyNatNose, you are so right about the finger! Thank you for your advice, which matches what the doc said. Six weeks solid. I'm supposed to change out the tape daily, especially if it gets wet, BUT the finger cannot bend; it MUST be kept in an extended position. It is A DRAG! But I do not want permanent damage. It will take me some time to type this message, but I will be careful. I've got to stick with the splint treatment.

It is a deal! You can please tend to this finger -- thank you very much -- and I will tend to the cooking ... a left-handed prepared meal is coming up!  Smiley Very Happy

Cute t, thanks for the sweet words. What are you going to have for Easter dinner? I bought my Easter "supplies" yesterday: BoarsHead ham that I will bake with a little bit of the BoarsHead brown sugar glaze, sweet potatoes, corn on the cobb, and asparagus (and my secret Easter basket goodies, minus the baskets, for DH and DS). I got a small quantity of a couple of their favorites. I didn't overdo it.

Snappy, it sounds to me that there is not much to worry about in that missing envelope, thank goodness! Yes, I would go to the bank and let them give you a new bank account number. It's worth it. Hope the appointment today went smoothly.

Spoiler
Say, Snappy ... did you say Breezies French cut? Oh my! Couldn't let that one slip by without mentioning! (Grin)  Woman Wink  Woman Embarassed   Woman Very Happy

Issy, I looked up that lipstick ... very intense pink, and I bet it looks FABBO on you. I wish we hello ladies could meet Simone, Vanessa, Mercedes, Mr. 6'2" (and maybe see Bistro Boy -- from a distance where he won't spot you and get lovesick all over again). What shall we call the newest shop owner, the one with the purses?

I was just thinking that I would love to have one small bite -- OK, maybe a very large bite, of Costco cheescake. It is THE BEST. But, if you have ever seen one of them ... well, they are quite large. They should sell small pieces in their little food courts in the front of their stores. Maybe I should send in that suggestion.

I will stop typing now, per NAES' advice! Happy evening to all!

AND, HAPPY EASTER!  Heart  I am now thinking of the baby bunnies in Cute t's yard, across Cute t's town, in Snappy's yard, and the one Issy spotted. And (edited to add), of course, Sashay! Can't leave her out of the Happy Easter wishes! (And Lucky and Brooster, too!)

Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy , and Thanks so much for the Chat here !! Yes i'm sure things will work out with your Tax Papers, sometimes Mail is like a Snail Crawl.. Yes i'm Excited for the Baby Bunnies at your House.. Just in time for EASTER.. Remember the Song By Gene Autry " Hopping Down the Bunny Trail " i use to sing this to my Children and Grandchildren.. as my Mother sang it to us Also..

We our in the 60's here and Sunny and Cloudy..

Our Oldest Granddaughter had Kidney Stone surgery this Morning and was and Out Patient.. Amazing what they can do now Days.. Our Heart and Prayers our with her.. She is A Christian and put Her Surgery in GODS Hands.. she is a GO Getter !! so i'm sure she will be up at going in no time flat..

BOY !! i'm so excited for you and your dd Snappy as RE MODELING kitchen How Exciting !! Your Home and your dd's  will look like New..

Well i shall get off of here and get Busy !! yes our GS will miss EASTER here this Year but he will sharing with a lot of Children there in NEW Zealand.. and the Church there..

Good Night and " HAPPY ~~ EASTER " to All of YOU.. !! today is GOOD FRIDAY !!

Valued Contributor

Hi MsLomo.......OMG, do I remember Bistro Boy.  I told you about the time that he just plopped down at my table and ate lunch.  I was really mortified, and then he asked me out on a date.  Imagine that? 

I know that you will follow the doctor's orders.  Guess that it makes cooking a little awkward.  Your Easter dinner sounds so delicious. 

Well....I will be back to the beauty store next week because there were a few more items that caught my eye.  Dimitri is on this weekend.  I have been a good girl, but I am bummed out that I didn't get the Beekman TTV--8 soaps. 

Will come back after Easter and give all of you a full report.