Occasional Contributor

What a fine idea this thread is, I used to post, but took some time away with working, still working but plan to retire Jan. 2016 ( and I cannot wait ). Looking forward to chatting with old friends and new friends. I am a big movie fan, but boredom finally set in on that. It is HOT here in KY today, looking forward to Fall and Winter.  Catch u later 

Formerly Tatz
Respected Contributor

Hi Kix, welcome to "hello". Don't know where the others are today. Well, cute told us they are at a cook out at their GSs house, and it is a long weekend so others may be travelling. Sorry you have that humidity to contend with. I'm in SoCal. It's in the 90s, and the AC will go on soon, but we got new windows and doors last year and they make a diffference for the good.

My DS and DDIL are on their way to Yosemite for a few days. DD#1 and her hubby just arrived at the Grand Canyon and DD#2 and I are having a quiet weekend. She hurt her back so has to take it easy. She's a teacher, and is glad to have tomorrow off.

Am glad you will soon be able to retire! Yippee for you!

Enjoy the day, come back anytime.

Hi Issy, MsLomo, cute, bath and everyone,

snappy Heart

Occasional Contributor

Thank u snappy frappy for the kind welcome, u and your loved ones r very busy with travel and adventures, how exciting for u all, and for us reading about your adventures, looking forward to posting with u.

Formerly Tatz
Trusted Contributor

Hello Kix an Thanks For The Chat here !! an Congratulations on your retirement coming up.. Yes this Thread is Great !! Great Friends here for sure... an Welcome aboard.. Hoping you will Enjoy !!

Good Night !!

Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy, an Thank-You for the Chat !! yes it was a BEAUTIFUL Day Here an WE Had A BLAST at our Grandsons house, an All of our Grands an Great Grands were there, except the ones in TEXAS, an our oldest dd was there.. Our Grandson Cooked up this Great Food that he ate in INDIA an it was so delicious.. an he fixed his great fish !! YES GREAT COOK OUT.. God Is Great.. our Great grand Baby is so sweet an she can Do Sign Language already.. an Talks a Blue Strick.. cute little voice an laugh.. Thoughts an Prayers Snappy for your dd hoping her Back gets too feeling better.. an hoping your dd an sil our Enjoying  there Vacation.. Yes Glad Tomorrow is A HOLIDAY !! we our just Going too Kick back, an enjoy Tomorrow..

Good Night an Thank-You for the Kind words..

Respected Contributor

Helloooooooo!  I can't believe I can sign in again!  We were ordering a new mattress and I thought- what the heck- why not try to sign on.  Voila!  The site has changed so much, but I'm thrilled to see you all still here.

I haven't had the time to read way back, but I will.  Hal update- he is now in school full time. I heard this weekend the teacher is having a hard time waking him from the afternoon nap the kids take.  Naptime is 1/2 hour and Hal is used to napping for at least twice that amount.  Poor little guy.  It's such an adjustment to become a big boy.  I have a new job and it's become very busy.  I don't think I've ever worked this hard in my life.  I am tired at the end of every day.

Ok. I'm off to read back.  Good to see everyone happy and healthy.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Kix, good to see you today. These ladies are very friendly. We have known each other for at least 8 years, but always have room for a new friend. They were with me during the time that my hubby was having treatments for his cancer, and when he went Home to be with the Lord. True friends, and they will love you also. Welcome.

cute, so glad you had a great time with your GS and the whole family, even your oldest DD! How exciting is that? What great food! You all benefit from his travels. Imagine your little GGD doing sign language! Is someone in her life hearing impaired? You must wish you could see her more often, and the TX family. But we enjoy what we have. Thank you for the concern for DD's back. It is getting better. Today she went to a nursery and made arrangements for them to put things in that horrible empty planter. They will come on October 3rd. A Saturday so she will be here. We will get 6 palm trees of some sort and many other smaller flowering plants. It's essentially an Arizona garden requiring little water. We are eagerly waiting the delivery of the chairs....

bath....YEAH. Wish we had the surfer dude and the rolling smiley from next door to welcome you back. SO glad you took the chance and were able to sign in. We have missed you all the time and wondered about Hal. Poor kid, childhood is over already. We still think about the Kindu, and the Wheels on the Bus...with fondness.

They really did change things around here and at first it felt so odd. I think many just gave up, but I am getting used to it. Sorry your new job is so hard and makes you so tired, but hope it's interesting and profitable.

Hope Issy signs in soon. She will be thrilled to see you, and MsLomo also. Take care.

snappy Heart

Trusted Contributor

OH HECK YESSSS!!  I am THRILLED to see you, BATHINA!!  Robot Very Happy Can't wait to hear about your new job and about the adventures of Kindu ... but too bad they have to interrupt his afternoon power nap. Sounds like a perfect opportunity for Grandma to march down to that school to have a talk with the teacher and administration -- JUST KIDDING!!  Woman Surprised

Kix and candylion, welcome to "Hello" ... hope we hear from you again soon.

Snappy, that planter area is going to look gorgeous. Hope your chairs have arrived and that they're exactly what you wanted. Loving the description of the paint colors. Please tell me the ants are gone from your bed and that you are getting solid sleep at night.

Issy, thanks for the heads up. I'm going to tip-toe blindfolded around Evine on the 10th so I don't see any Skinn. And I believe you'll have the answer to this question of mine: Where can I find the beautiful floral jackets that Heidi Daus (and probably you!) wear? I had a couple of those jacket shirts for YEARS -- bought them at Steinmart -- I think the label was Silkland, but I'm not positive.

Devia, your family time sounds so terrific. What fun! I have read that language is easier for little ones to learn if they learn to express their needs first with sign language. It lowers the frustration of trying to communicate until they learn the language. Is that what the family is thinking?

Dinner! Stuffed peppers, corn on the cob.

Welcome back, Bathina.

Trusted Contributor

WOW !! Hello Bath an WELCOME back !! an Congratulations on your new job.. Hoping all is well with YOU, but sounds like You our very busy !!

YES !! Girl YOU will have too Play catch up here !! an Don't be a Stranger.. an hal is sure growing up FAST.. they sure don't stay little long.. School all day already.. GEE.. makes me really feel old, as we remember when he was a baby.

Good night an thanks for the CHAT..

Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy, an the Sign Language , is a thing our son, an DIL do with there Children as well.. No we have no-one that can't hear in any of our Families.. they all like for there children too know sign language.. she is one year old, an does so well.. she catches on fast.. Yes it was a Blast Yesterday at our Grandsons.. an the Weather was Perfect.. The Children had Water balloon fights.. an our grandson brought some Balloons back from India, an he filled them with water, an they get as Tall as 5' filled with water.. so our Grandson got up on the TOP of there roof, an was waiting too drop it on someone !! he is the Biggest kid of ALL.. today my Hubby an i pretty much just kicked back, an relaxed.. he painted some more trim around our windows.. it was in the 90's here today.. he just painted a little at a time..

spoke with my SIL an her nephew talked her out of paying off his House, an now he is moving too Arizona with his girlfriend, an is selling his home, an his girlfriend said they our not paying her back,as she GAVE him the money as a GIFT.. so in the morning she is going too a LAWYER.. my Brother must be turning over in his GRAVE.. so sad.. he would not have given them a cent, as they our a bunch of Boozers.. an him an her worked very hard too put money back,.. My sil must not be herself as she knew better than this.. he sure took advantage of her.. BIG TIME..

Well i shall sign off an I'm LOVING your Landscaping idea..

Good Night  !! an thanks so much for the chat..