Trusted Contributor

Hello Waja61 Thank-you for the Chat here !! An WOW !! we had a storm, that went threw last night, an just heard the weather an more STORMS tonight.. it was so HUMID here today !! an Sunny.. very Thankful for A/C !! Hubby went too work today, an " LUCKY " an i pretty much stayed in our house.. " LUCKY " did his business out / side an right back in.. he choose too not stay out / side long.. Hoping that you our doing o.k. an thank-you for the chat here !!

Trusted Contributor
Thank you, MsLomo! You are all such classy ladies here. Brilliant and warm, too. I used to enjoy reading your posts around the boards, but for now I better stick with this one thread. Yes, that's the wisest option by far, and thank you all for making me feel welcome here. Hoping to not get bounced into someone else's thread by mistake. Went to click on this one and ended up in one of those long photo threads ... had to wait for all that to load before I could back out. Took a remarkable 4 minutes and lots of screen flickering! TG my browser didn't crash. I haven't tried to actually shop here since the "upgrade"---has anyone? Maybe that is the more streamlined software/process now.

Went to the tech support forum to see if there's any updated news for we mobile device users. Nothing. Seems to be an anti-heart movement surfacing, tho. Lol! What ppl won't quarrel over, eh? Some feel the hearts are being abused to artificially elevate the ranking system among cliques and such, who aren't really valued contributors in their minds. I don't doubt some will do this simply to annoy those paying close attention. But you can turn it off in your profile, I read, so easy to ignore ... If they uninstall it due to feuds, something else may break! I wonder if I switched them off would the pages load faster? May try that ... You are ALL valued GREATLY by me. Don't need a system. Can use my own grown up words. Smiley Wink

Now I notice I can't view everyone's posts when trying to reply. H'mmm ... Cute has the right idea with the multiple posts, considering the timer issue, too. I also notice they removed our location info and I forget where you are in this world Cute but our weather here in N.D. has been much like yours with many tornado watches---stormy eves. Keep safe, I pray---you and your family. My oldest daughter lives in N.C. and they're facing a heat wave.

Snappy, it's heartbreaking and very concerning that the drought continues there. Watch for wildlife, such as coyotes and (God forbid) SNAKES in search of water in your area.

MsLomo, the show we're all speaking of is a PBS Masterpiece Theater series: Poldark. Don't know if that would interest you. We will label our "reviews" so those parts of the discussion can be easily skipped over. In case you may be interested in tuning in, I will (hopefully) paste the PBS promo below for you, and wish you all a terrific Tuesday!

-Selah

---POLDARK---

"Almost 40 years ago Captain Ross Poldark galloped across the TV screens of millions 
of PBS viewers, vexing villains and winning female hearts in one of MASTERPIECE’s earliest hit series, Poldark. Now the gallant captain rides again, allowing a new generation to delight in the exploits of an unconventional romantic hero.

Aidan Turner (The Hobbit) stars as Ross Poldark, a redcoat who returns to Cornwall after the American Revolutionary War to discover that his father is dead, his lands are ruined, and his true love is about to marry his first cousin. Also starring is Eleanor Tomlinson (Death Comes to Pemberley) as the fiery servant Demelza, a strong-willed miner’s daughter who runs away from home and finds refuge in Poldark’s enlightened household.

In a special appearance, Robin Ellis, who starred as Ross Poldark in MASTERPIECE’s original adaptation, plays Reverend Halse, the village’s sin-obsessed parson.

Poldark is based on a beloved series of novels by Winston Graham. The first, Ross Poldark, was published in 1945; the last, Bella Poldark, appeared in 2002, the year before Graham’s death. All twelve are subtitled A Novel of Cornwall and trace the fortunes of a landed, mine-owning family in windswept Cornwall.

The new Poldark airs in eight exciting episodes starting in June 2015 on MASTERPIECE on PBS."
Trusted Contributor
BOBBISUE: I see you are having some difficultly seeing your own posts. Be sure to look for the yellow message to appear after hitting Post that says: "click here to view your post,"

Hope that helps, and have a day blessed of the Lord. Smiley Happy

(Do the "new" smilies look like demon-possessed trolls to anyone else? Hah!)
Trusted Contributor

Posting here is fine, but I could not find your message to me.  I even looked on page two. I will just drop by to say hello until I figure this out.

Trusted Contributor
Sorry, friends ... Bobbi is responding to my email instructions trying to help her here.

I see the problem now, I think. Sent another saying:

BOBBI, go to the Last Post on the thread by clicking the time above the last poster's name.

Then scroll up the page to read the most recent posts. We are all the way up to page 10 now. You can go back and back by clicking Previous to read all the posts you may have missed. This part of the threads did not change. HTH! -Selah
Trusted Contributor
Sent Bobbi a screen shot displaying the time stamp location. Hoping she can find us here. She has been very distressed since the upgrade, and she has serious vision troubles.
Respected Contributor
A blessed Tuesday to you ladies! 😎 I'm not even going to tell you how hot it is out there... the humidity alone is at 86%. You can chew the air and spit it out. We're "enjoying" the same wave as your dd, Selah... but how good it is to see you here!! Got your group msg and OF COURSE this is where I plan to stay in touch with friends, too. Clearly CC is the new, watered down version of VPs for general chatting. THIS is the place for friends to carry on with our sharing and caring. 💗

Have the 'hearts wars' started already!? 😈 I thought it would at least take a month. I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon enough... though contenders on the various designer/vendor threads will likely rack 'em up 'til dooms day. Well, let them enjoy what's left here while they can.

You can access the whole thread in a pop up window while replying, but I find Notepad best -- just c/p from there. The bouncing is much better today for me on Safari. Maybe they're clearing up issues one browser at a time. We can hope!

Thank you for trying to help Bobbi find her way.

Can you see us now, Bobbi? 🙋

I wonder if Issy enjoyed Poldark... I don't want to spoil it for anyone, so I'll wait to comment further.

Snappy, the skeddy 'n' meatballs turned out great! Usually when I have guests, nothing goes quite right. Pffft on the phony labels they're slapping up. Since Selah explained the rating system, we can assume it's another racket. Not unlike stuffing the ballot box. Here, I give you a star! 🌟 Though I'd still like a cape if it comes with super powers!!

May God comfort your SIL's dear friend in hospice. So very hard to watch our loved ones slip away. I believe the cello is my favorite instrument. Such rich, soulful tones. I'll keep this precious soul in my prayers, too.

I fear some of the widows may have been hurt at the loss of their long history... That is just my speculation, but I feel I would have been. Of all the threads to lose, though I'm sure it wasn't deliberate. I hope they return, if this place still brings them comfort. It has a very generic, sterile feel now. Not a bit welcoming. Reminds me of the Home Depot site. (Oh, and no, Selah... I haven't tried shopping here yet. I wonder if the videos work better now.)

Snappy, how could I EVER not be concerned about you?? I won't make a fuss, but it's never a burden for me to care about you. I'll go on expressing it for as long as I can. 'Fraid you'll have to live with it! 😻

MsLomo... you won't have to invite me twice! I'm here where I feel comfy and I'm so grateful. Does anyone hear from Lady Ann and her wonder dog privately? I do hope she is okay and will give us a shout soon.

I LOL at your hubby's FD dinner request!! Hey, but it does sound good... beef brisket sammie with fresh cole slaw. Like to have some now!! Our nearest Costco is about an hour away... 😑 My hubby does grill a lot of salmon here, and I often use that to make my salmon linguine. Tonight will be easy, though. I've pulled some of my homemade pulled pork BBQ out of the freezer. We top it with cole slaw right in the bun here. I'll serve it with red skinned potatoes and corn on the cob.

Bless you for thinking of my brother Eddie. He has had a terrible last few years -- his wife suffered so, but things should get a bit easier if his old house sells. They are still making repairs on that... Yes, he has the one adult son and this one grandson (Eli) who is with him here. I'm happy to hear your DS is with someone special now! Ahh... young love -- it's still grand. 💞

Dear cute, your Lucky is nobody's fool!! I'm doing about the same in this heat and humidity... Taking care of business (gardening) early in the morning, and getting back in the AC after a quick shower. It's too hot for the swimming pool -- even according to Gracie. I'll sure be glad when they capture those 2 convicts in NY... or where ever they lurk. I can imagine how scary that must be for the locals. It's now the longest prison break in their history. I pray no one is injured or worse when bringing them in.

Thank you for the chat, too, and I hope you have no bad storms tonight!

(((Hugs to all!)))

~Joy
Trusted Contributor

I see you now...Hello

Valued Contributor

Hi Waja......thanks for stopping by and hanging in there.  It is pleasant where I am.  It really must be hot if little Gracie thinks that it is too hot for the pool.  BTW, I did watch Poldark, and I am hooked.  Loved the countryside, and can't wait to see the next episode.  Should we have a spoiler alert?  I do remember you talking about your brother, Eddie and the loss of his wife.  For him, the journey is just beginning, and it is comforting to know that he has you and other family members to help him through it.  If you can ever really get over a thing like that.  Hoping that we hear from our other friends soon.

Hi MsLomo.......well, that Dimitri!!!  What can I say.  I caved and bought the TTV.  I do have the original Dermalift, so I am sure I will love the new and improved version.  The reason I decided to purchase it was because he said that it helps with "pore size".  Between the microdermabrasion and the dermalift, my skin is really very smooth.  My plasma makeup goes on very smoothly.  BTW

Valued Contributor

MsLomo........Looks like I lost part of my post.  Anyway, love what your DH had for his Father's Day dinner.  That is so funny!!   Happy that your DS have found love.

Hi Snappy.  Guess that today, DD#2 can truly sleep in and the 2 of you can hang out and do "nothing".  When will your DSIL have the knee surgery?  Your DD#1 certainly knows the drill.  I am glad that you went to the BBQ.  It was touching to hear that your GS had so many beautiful memories of his grandpa.  That must mean a lot to you. 

Hi Cute; always good to hear from you.  I can't believe that you are getting rain and it is almost the end of June. 

Hi Delaney; hope that we hear from you soon.  Hi Selah, Rowan, Hilo, Bobbisue, AgnesAnn, QAnu and all of the wonderful ladies of the Q.  See you later.