Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies,  I hope you are all well.  I miss the old forum.  I wish you all a good day.

Gog bless.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry I misspelled the name God.  I saw no way to correct it.  Please excuse the error.  Bobbisue...

Respected Contributor
Hello, today, Bobbi! I'm just ducking in and out here through a busy work day. Storms are already brewing out there. I'm making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Eddie's favorite! Will have to get an early start on that. Keep cool and hang in there... at least we can manage to keep in touch here on LadyAnn's nice thread.

Snappy, did you watch Poldark? I started watching it, and ooh, it looks good!! The scenery was just breath-taking. But then a wikked storm forced me to shut the TV off. I'll finish watching tonight, God-willing. Hey, you can use the Spoiler tags here on our TV shows -- woot! I can read them, but don't have access to use the feature. Read a post by a helpful member who asked the Team about an ETA on these mobile device issues. They have none and no further explanation. Boo-hiss! I'll let the other ladies know by email and see if they are interested in carrying on here at all in this thread. There was some talk yesterday about the AF threads being there in CC. Some seemed displeased since they prefer to chat about more generalized topics there. I agree with MsLomo that we should just begin our thread here, as others have, IF enough are still interested. If not, I'm perfectly content -- honored really to carry on right here. What do you think?

We are "super contributors" don'tcha know? I think we should have capes like Wonder Woman!! 💋 Isn't it silly, though? This status must be based on post counts and /or hearts? You've got me, friend! I'm using the hearts like the "like" button, but mainly to indicate to others where to locate threads, since the link pops up in the Notification box. Can you tell me if this one>>> @snappyfrappy sends you one, too? That is supposed to alert you to a thread of interest. I use the tags (enter key words) frequently, but I wish they'd fix the My Activity feature. I am missing many people's posts, even days later... leaving them feeling ignored. 😟 A PM system would sure be handy!

Now say for whatever reason this site becomes unusable... We still have our Plan B. I will look for you ladies on the HSN chat board. Just stop apologizing about the email thing, Snappy. It just is what it is -- a family agreement that must be honored. Still, should you ever need to contact me, you can reach me through that one addy you saved.

Okay, back to work I go... Much love and blessings to each of you!! 💜 <<< A little variety since I can't post graphics, though I'm saving tons of data for other activities without them! There's always a silver lining. 😏

Trusted Contributor
Hello, ladies! This is my first time signing in since the train wreck, though I've been trying to read along here every few evenings to keep up with you and how the train wreck is progressing. Really hate it for those of you who have no other way to remain in contact, and I've missed you plenty. Just will not EVER again risk my work system here---less so now than ever. Tapping this out by phone.

Joy, I wouldn't care about posting graphics here any longer either, and I think those trusting this platform to their personal security are naive, at best. Besides, we have all that and more at D. I will happily join in here, or where ever it is decided on our chats, including on Poldark, if and when they fix this mess. I don't need rich text, quoting, etc to chat with you friends ... and nothing else here interests me anymore. But the bobbing and weaving?? That has to go before I can participate on a regular basis.

I have the link you sent to the HSN board ... or, we could set up a chat board free on D and all here would be most welcome. These retail sites are naturally going to focus on the bottom line. They aren't invested in spending their time or dime on quality software or uncensored discussions that bring them no profits. This is the squeeze, in effect. Deterrent, until the non-product community is no longer necessary, imo.

My thoughts and prayers remain with each of you and your loved ones. Peace be with you, friends.

-Selah
Respected Contributor

Bobbisue, I think most of us miss the old ways here. We have lost so many from the widow's thread. I'm concerned about MamaS and DannysWife and ArkLady and phluphy and the others. It's always good to find you here. Hope you are breathing more easily now. God bless you also and give you peace and joy.

WaJa, that spaghetti sounds wonderful. It's in the 90s here, otherwise I'd like some myself. I don't know where all the widows are, and I certainly do miss the KS thread and all those dear ones. Things aren't permanent in this life, and basically that's a good thing. I think KS would fit better in AF, but what do I know? As for being super contributers, well....we aren't yet "valued". Does that mean we are invaluable? Not to God. I don't understand about the spoiler. Once I clicked on it and it showed up as a long box which I couldn't erase. I'm a simple person with very basic and limited knowledge about these devices, and frankly, I don't care all that much. Yes, there is plan B, but I find that place more confusing than here. There are so many fewer posters there. I made a mistake about DSIL's surgery. This week he is having an MRI of the knee. He thinks surgery will be next month. He is taking part in a vigil for a friend who is dying under hospice. The young man played his cello at their wedding. So sad.

Yes, I watched Poldark. Actually put down my Kindle and LOOKED at the TV. He's a good looking guy. I liked it and even followed it which is amazing. Also watched the program that followed about nurses in the WW1 era. Glad you visit here. I know it's an imposition, and appreciate it all the more. You must do what your time and schedule allows and not be concerned with me. The Lord gives, the Lord takes away, blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Hi cute, Issy, MsLomo and everyone.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Selah, we were posting at the same time. So happy you are here today. Missing everyone. Hoping Rowan is okay and Anu and agnesann and Lurky. Sorry this new format is so hard for you. I just use my lap top and although things jump around at times, I don't have any problems. Can't say I like it. Makes me feel isolated from the others here, but I'm grateful for any contact. Please let all the KS ladies know I love them and miss them. HiLo was here somewhere yesterday. I think she found KS. It's easy to forget who needs prayer for what without contact. Did you watch Poldark? It hooked me as so many Masterpiece programs do. There's a widow with spinal stenosis. Fran is her name. She posted today, interested in what my DDIL may have done. Love and hugs and the prayer for God to smile on you and be gracious to you and give you peace.

snappy Heart

Trusted Contributor
Love you, too, snappy! I will let the others know you are thinking of them. I am in touch with sister HiLo by email, as with most here. This site is the worst on Lurky, who suffers from vertigo and Agnes, who suffers with migraines. Mostly I don't want to risk my equipment here, after what happened before. Joy seems to believe it is getting better over time ... Hope so.

If your friend, Fran needs any advice or encouragement, please invite her on over. I understand the fear ... and pain. But there is hope! I continue to do very well. I'm praying for both of your relatives daily. I did keep up on the vital things without signing in.

I enjoyed Poldark very much, too! Spoiler tags are what you use when you want to share show details without risking "spoiling" the show for those who haven't seen it yet. We use them on Delphi's TV forum. Handy! You don't need to use them for our sakes though. I know Issy was planning to watch. I hope we wouldn't be boring cute, MsLomo and Lady Ann with TV chatter. If so, KS can return here when the bugs are exterminated.

Take care of yourself, my sister. I know that Christ is with you and thank you for the love and prayers.

-Selah
Trusted Contributor

Hello, WaJa and Selah! If you are comfortable on this thread and you think others would be, too, then I say please stay here and invite everyone here! All of you are kind and smart and I really enjoy your posts. I can say with certainty that Issy and Devia feel the same way because they've said so earlier, and so has Snappy many times, so if I may say so, please make yourselves at home here in the "hello" house!  

Selah, I'm not sure what show you are all watching, but I will be fine with it if you all want to discuss it. It adds another dimension to the conversations here, and that's a good thing.

WaJa, I had to laugh. I had a couple of options for Father's Day dinner ready to go in the refrigerator, and DH knew about them: baked fresh salmon or lasagna (made with my made-from-scratch sauce and sliced meatballs). So, I asked my DH what he'd like to have for his Father's Day dinner, and do you know what he said? "Well, if it's OK with you, I've been craving one of those beef brisket sandwiches with coleslaw on the side -- you know, the ones they sell at Costco."   Woman Surprised  So, we went to Costco and got a couple of those to go (along with many items we didn't realize we needed when he walked in there!). DH and DS enjoyed their "Costco dinners" Smiley Happy in front of the TV, enjoying every minute. I made the salmon for tonight's dinner -- delish.

I am very sorry to hear about your sister-in-law's recent passing. I know you feel bad for your brother Eddie. Did/do they have children? He must have felt very comforted by your get-together.

I have to add here that a cookout by the pool sounds WONDERFUL. The splashing sounds of the water, the smell of chlorine, moving around in the silky water, then sitting on a towel in a lawn chair, with eyes closed in the warm sunshine. Ahhh ... 

Snappy, I note that you all are "super contributors" while I am a "frequent" one. Humph. 

Yes, my DS is getting serious about someone! I think she's a "good catch," too! So, we'll see where this goes. I don't think either is especially interested in having children, though, but that's OK. We shall see ....

Hi, Issy and Devia -- hope all is well with you!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy an Thanks for the CHAT Here !! so happy that you an your dd made it too church, an then went too the family gathering.. As family times our the BEST....Sorry too hear about all the DRYNESS there... an Yes What our they thinking as the ones putting in a POOL !! as Maybe they know Something the REST of Us Don't !! BOY !! the weather here is not good for POOLS at all.. We Had A STORM that went threw last night !! RAIN, THUNDER , LIGHTENING , Hail !! WIND !! Electricity went off an then back, on !! So many FLOODED Basements here, Hubby an i our Thankful we do not have a BASEMENT !! The Streets were all FLOODED.. YES Snappy what a Nice pastor you have an the ones in S. Carolina our very Healing an Forgiving People for sure... GOD BLESS All Of Them !! an YES God is in CONTROL..He has Plans !! Well i shall Check,out more Posts here an Thank-You so much Snappy I LOVE your Out / Look..

Snappy i'm SO SORRY for the illness with your family members my HEART goes out too them.. an THOUGHTS an PRAYERS for each one of them !!

Trusted Contributor

hello MsLoMo, so good too chat here an Thanks !!! Hoping things our going well your way !! an Thank-You so much for the Wonderful Compliment for My Hubby an I.. Yes we let All of our children, Grandchildren, all do there own Thing.. YES NO PRESSURE !! an they know they our so Loved an always Welcome... when You reach a certain age, we all know It's a BUSY World out there... Yes our Mother Rabbit an the Baby our so sweet an YES Mother Nature will take care of them.. Well i shall sign off an Check,out more Posts here !!  an THANKS so Much..