Respected Contributor

Hello friends. It's 96 and dry as a bone here. Sad to see everything turning brown, but water is precious and we need it for other things.

Issy, we did sleep in today, so not much is getting done, but that's okay. Yes, Father's day is hard, but DD and I know we have to go to the family gathering tomorrow. We told them we wouldn't be there, but it's not right to miss that gathering. I think we will eat something after church, and then go. GS is making BBQ, but we will arrive later. I want to hear what my DDIL has found out at the doctor's offices and what the plan is for her. Also need to spend some time getting acquainted with GS's GF, unless she will be with her dad. It's just a hard day. Much harder than I would have imagined.

Bobbisue, so glad you found your way here and know that we are thinking about you and praying for you and rejoicing that you are better. Wish you could send us some of that rain.

cute, I'm sure your hubby will hear from all the kids and grands tomorrow. I can't imagine 2" of rain. But so sorry about the flooding and about people losing their homes. So sad. How sweet that the little bunny family is there where they know they are safe and can find food. I think it's so sweet that Lucky doesn't bark at them.

WaJa, so sorry HiLo can't sign in here. Sometimes I have to look around for the way to do that, but so far so good. Sorry you have such stormy weather. Really hope you don't need to drive in that next weekend. So happy your DB and his GS arrived safely and that the boy has already discovered the pool. You are sweet to keep things low key tomorrow for Eddie's sake. Do you have a lap top? If so, I wonder why you don't post here on that. Not my business, but just think it's much easier. Sorry the others aren't here. I miss them, but understand and hope the day comes when something can be done to facilitate things here. Just grateful they are okay. Please tell them hello and that we love them and miss them. May the Lord bless you and all your loved ones.

snappy Heart

Trusted Contributor

Issy, I'm checking my license plates! Your poor friend -- what a scare. Meanwhile, I confess I went to Evine and took a quick look at the Skinn offerings. When a couple of things started to catch my eye, I exited quickly. Whew -- that was close.

I hope they capture those two escaped prisoners. I hope the canine unit locates them. 

Snappy, I understand why you hesitate to go tomorrow to the Father's Day family get-together, but I hope you don't mind my saying that I feel happy that you and DD have decided to go. It's your family -- they wouldn't exist but for you and your DH -- and you will be supporting each other in your shared grief even if no one says anything out loud. I think they will love that you are there -- not only because they can enjoy being with you, but because through your presence they get to be with their father/grandfather (if that makes sense). 

The news is just overwhelming. The Charleston event breaks our hearts. I looked at the shooter and saw a child standing there -- a very sick, lost child. I am in awe of how the family members were able to find forgiveness in their hearts and express it to him. The expressions of loss and forgiveness had the grace and power of thousands of bible study classes and I am struck by how many people were able to receive this grace. These beautiful people who are now gone from this world ... absolutely heartbreaking. 

WaJa, thank you for your kindness. I like to read your posts very much and hope that you will stay here and also that you will start the threads that are missing now. Of course, if you've found a better forum (without all the jerking and bouncing), then I understand why you would want to post there instead -- but you will be missed.

Devia, I am curious. There is Baby Bunny who is now older, and there is a new little Baby Bunny. So, the bunny formerly known as "Baby Bunny" is the Mom Bunny or the Dad Bunny? Or maybe there is a mom and a dad, but they're never together when you see them (?). When you described the bunny asleep in the grass out back near the shed, it could have been the Mom Bunny who had -- or was about to have -- a baby, or maybe it was the Dad Bunny taking a snooze after a clover snack and some rain water. I wonder what happened to the parents? Anyway, I'm glad the "bunny family" is still there in your yard!

Trusted Contributor

P.S. Snappy, I am so happy that you found and posted in the Kindred Spirits thread in *Community Chat*! I happened to run into it today, trying to feel my way around this new place, and I saw that you had posted there this afternoon. Heart

Trusted Contributor

Hello MsLoMo, an good too chat here an Thanks.. i'm trying too find my way around here !! hoping you an Your hubby our doing Good an " HAPPY ~~ FATHERS Day " too your hubby for sunday !! Tomorrow is suppose to be the First Day of Summer an the Longest day !! We Finally had SUNSHINE today !! an My Hubby an i got our Lawn Mowed..

Yes MsLoMo, our Baby Bubby is now a MOMMY, an has her own Baby Bunny.. an YES i think YOU Our Right when the Mommy Bunny was laying in the grass behind the shed.. she was in Labor.. as we now have a NEW BABY BUNNY... Just 1..

Well i shall see if i can find Snappy on here !! an THANKS so much for the Chat !!

GOOD NIGHT !!

Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy an Thanks for being here !! yes this is SATURDAY !! an Hubby an i have NO plans for tomorrow !! Just kicking Back an RELAXING !! We our so HAPPY we had SUNSHINE all day an My Hubby an i got our Lawn Mowed.. YES we have a Baby bunny an A Mommy Bunny, so sweet.. they our very PRIVATE an LOW KEY for sure..

I'm Hoping everyone that wants too post here GETS too !! as sometimes it is very hard too sign in !! But this time it was a PIECE OF CAKE !!

yes i'm thinking my hubby will hear from our Children, but then maybe not, as hard for some too get threw with these CELL PHONES !! an my Hubby an i don't set in the House by the phone anymore.. an our cell / phone is on our snack bar.. we hardly pay any attention too it.. as we get older, we just doo what ever hits us.. as you probably know..

Well Snappy i will sign off an get ready for bed.. GOOD NIGHT !!

May All the FATHERS have a " HAPPY ~~ FATHERS DAY " !!! THANK-YOU Snappy for the Chat..

Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy, feel so bad here as The lawns where you our at our turning Brown an Everything here is SO GREEN an Clean looking as with All this RAIN !! yes we had Rain in the Night Again last night !! an some more showers today alng with Sunshine.. very HUMID out also here.. Hubby an i took " LUCKY " for a walk inbetween Rain Showers.. I'm Hoping that you will get Rain there !!

My Hubby an i went out for Breakfast, an it has been QUIET here !! No Phone Calls.. but thats O.K. No News is good news, an We Know they were ALL thinking of us as we were thinking of them.. an We ALL Chatt on face book, as no one uses a phone anymore to call.. So All Ids Good !!

Well i shall sign off an get ready for Bed.. Snappy i hope your Sunday was wonderful,an that You got too do something Special with your DD....

GOOD NIGHT !! an it sure is quiet here !! my hubby POPPED us some pop corn !! kicking back,an relaxing..

Respected Contributor

Hi friends. It got into the 90s here again, very dry. As we drove out to GS's place this afternoon, we could see dryness everywhere. Median strips, lawns, but the oddest thing was that people about 2 houses down from GS's are puttin in a POOL! How do they think they will fill it?? 

MsLomo, I "heart" you. You nailed it about today. I think I didn't want to have to make anything to take for lunch. DD and I went to church and then drove through Jack in the Box and brought home burgers. Then DD#1 texted me about some family thing, and I texted back telling her that we were coming, but had already had lunch. It's hard for us to be anywhere at 1 unless we skip church. It was really a wonderful time. DDIL saw the therapist who had to okay her getting that spine implant, making sure she is stable I guess. An insurance requirement. He passed her, so now it's wait until they hear from the pain doctor. She looked good. It was hard for her to get up from the chair. GS said he posted on face book that if he could bring anyone back from Heaven for a day it would be his grandpa. He told me some of the things he remembers about how grandpa was there for him at hard times. It was emotional, but made me cry with happiness. Everyone was very understanding and we are both glad we went.

Pastor had us all stand today while he prayed powerfully for Charleston, and the state of So. Carolina and our nation. Pleading for forgiveness and grace. Such strength that made people clap. The only way people can forgive as those relatives did is by the grace of God. When I, a lost sinner found my Savior and knew my great debt of sin was paid and I could be freed and forgiven, and I trusted Him, I was completely changed. Once a person has even a glimmer of understanding of the depth of the depravity of our hearts, and knows he has been forgiven, he can't withhold that forgiveness from another sinner. That killer, who does look like a lost child, will never be free in society again, but he can find forgiveness and become a child of God and that's what those people were urging him to seek. I hope those who usually come out and preach hate will see that evil is overcome by good not hate.

cute, glad you got your lawn mowed, and oh how darling that the bunny mommy chose to give birth at "home" where she felt safe. Such a sweet thing. Glad you have rain, but humidity must be hard. Am glad your family stays in touch with face book. Many of mine do too, but I've never even tried. Wouldn't know how, and DD warns me all the time to not do it.

I did want to say that DSIL will be having total knee replacement on Tuesday (or Wednesday). He's already had something like 4 surgeries on it as a result of an injury when he was 12. He's in a lot of pain.

Hi to Issy, WaJa and all.

snappy Heart

Trusted Contributor

Snappy, I just read your post and can't hold back the tears. I "heart" you, too. I feel glad that you went today to church and to be with your family, and it sounds like love and emotional support and being around you and the family were what everyone needed and received. Your GS ... what a sweetie. His Grandpa must have been very important in his life. A beautiful day. Thanks, too, for the words about what happened in Charleston to those beautiful people. Their families' expressions of grace and love and the 3,000 people on the Ravenel Bridge today sharing their grief and showing their support ... all are so humbling that there are no words. Your church service must have been very moving, too. What an emotional day.

I'm glad DDIL has been cleared for the device. I pray that it goes smoothly and works for her. And DSIL and his knee! Well, DD#1 knows the drill, especially with the "ice machine," and I imagine he'll have to do some of the same things she had to do post-op -- although I'm not really sure about that. Poor guy -- I heard that hip replacements are relatively easy, and knee replacements can be a bear ... I hope his goes smoothly and uneventfully. Did his shingles go away? I hope so.

Is DD#2 enjoying her summer vacation? Sleeping late and kicking back? 

I sure don't know what those neighbors are thinking. But they certainly are thinking optimistically, aren't they. Maybe they can use the empty pool to do some skateboard tricks, like "half pipe" drills or whatever they are called, until there's some water to fill the pool. Ha. 

Devia, I am very impressed about how you and your DH are independent and do not put any pressure on your children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, so they visit you because they want to and not because they feel obligated or because you are calling them every day to nag them to come see you!  I hope I will be like that. It may be tough for me, but I will give it my best shot! I think about Bath and "Kindu" sometimes ... he must be a big boy now! Talking a mile a minute.

Hi to everyone!

Respected Contributor
Good evening, ladies! Just passing through reading your delightful posts... ALWAYS such a pleasure.

Thank you, MsLomo! I love reading your thoughts and insights. You described the faith of the victims' families so eloquently. My prayers are with each of them, as our beloved Snappy's congregation... with the perpetrator and his family, too. I hope your Sunday was a blessed one and your hubby enjoyed his Father's Day! Did you cook or go out to eat? My brother Eddie is a recent widower, so this is his first solo FD. We kept things low-key, but pleasant with a cookout by the pool. My hubby didn't mind that one bit!

Hi, cute! I hope your weather has calmed down and your hubby enjoyed his day, too. We lost power for 12 hrs last night. Remnants of tropical storm Bill blew through in a fury. Today, you never would have guessed, were it not for the litter of tree limbs. Isn't it amazing how the little bunnies -- all of wildlife -- blessedly usually survives these harsh elements?

Dear Snappy, HiLo managed to finally sign in!! She left you a nice, long message on KS.

I'm so relieved... really overjoyed that your day turned out so well! I teared up at your GS's sentiments -- know that was hard on you, but those tears were cleansing, and now another tough anniversary has passed. So glad your DDIL is set to go with the spinal stimulator. We'll be praying for your DSIL's surgery, too.

Eddie is holding up okay so far and his shingles had cleared up about a week ago. He feels odd twinges and slight burning sensations from time to time, but the dr told him that could last a few weeks yet. I think it's part of his fatigue, too, besides being in mourning which is exhausting on its own.

Hey, I just noticed... the screen isn't jumping now as I type! Maybe the Q-Team are pulling it together, but no... I don't have a laptop any longer. I still have the desktop iMac that I use for work. (Wouldn't risk that here.) Otherwise, just the iPad, Kindle and iPhone. I can do everything with any one of those... except for here. The site has never been Apple friendly, but DeLaney says it's been terrible here with her Android devices, too. We'll keep waiting and hoping for the best. I'll give the ladies your sweet message. I know they miss you, too!

Hi, Issy! Hope your weekend was a good one. Did you buy out Dimitri? 😎 I'm still loving the Skinn I'm in!

Sleep well, friends and dream sweetly! ❤️
Respected Contributor

MsLomo, I was in the midst of writing you when things jumped around you you disappeared, or I did, or something. Anyway, I'm so glad to see you. Just about ready to close down and get ready to watch Poldark. The KS ladies, geniuses all, will be doing that, and I must at least LOOK at the screen if I have any hope of understanding it.

This was an emotional day for us, and many others. Thank you for your oh so kind words and the love and for "hearting" me. You know that works both ways. DDIL was okay by the therapist to have the temporary spinal chord stimulator placed. Waiting now to hear from the pain doc. If it's successful in reducing pain, they can surgically implant it. She looked well, but had trouble getting up and down. She's not one to complain about anything. SIL has had something like 4 surgeries on that knee already since hurting it when he was 12. He's in a lot of pain. Yes, DD#1 knows about that, and I reminded her "in sickness and in health".

DD#2 hasn't had any time to sleep in yet. Tomorrow she goes for her regular visit with the endocronologist regarding the thyroid cancer. Maybe after that she can rest.

Say, I like your idea about the skate park! Why not? Expensive little back yard attraction, but different strokes and all......I miss bath also and Hal and think of the Kindu. Makes me sad. Wish she could come back. You will be a wonderful MIL and GM someday. Is your DS going with anyone seriously these days? Hope you come back soon.

WaJa, thank you for the "hearts". How are they deciding who is valued, or frequent, or whatever else title they chose to give us? Sort of makes one either puffed up, or jealous. Won't say which one I am......

So glad Eddie is doing as well as he is. DSIL also still has some itching and other unpleasantness from the shingles, but not too bad. And the fatigue and stress and grief. Enough to drown a person. Grateful he has the Lord as his anchor. Your Fathers Day sounds like just the right thing. And your hubby was happy with it.

This was a good day, and I know we did the right thing going to the get together. If it weren't for hubby and me, half of those people wouldn't be here.

I'm remembering the upcoming nuptials and the happy couple. And mom. Another possibility for more GKS. YIPPEE.

I do hope they get things more user friendly for all of you. We are android people. Well, that sounds wierd! But I should have suspected it all along. Hope your power stays on, and the storms pass by for good.

Love to one and all our KS friends.

snappy Heart