Honored Contributor

If you love hockey like I do I saw the the Broadstreet Bullies play back in the '70's.

Bobby Clark,Bernie Parent . Lets go Flyers and lets go Kate Smith.

Super time and super games.

Valued Contributor

And “lets go Gritty”!

98A99AB6-C13A-4599-A2F6-A20BC7506A90.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

Hockey has been much of my life, in all facets, since back in the 1940's. New York Rangers fan since the early 1960's before the Flyers were born.

I remember the big rivalry games with Bobby/Dave(the hammer)Shultz and Bernie Parent. Those were some great games. I too always loved hearing g Kate Smith sing "God Bless America", chilling! 

The Flyers won their 1st Stanley Cup with our Home Team Minor League Coach behind their bench. A guy named Freddie Shero coached our team, the Omaha Knights, in the CHL for several years, great coach.

Always like meeting hockey fans on this forum, but most fans post in the Sports Forum. Hey! Thanks for the post and trip down memory lane. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

Believe it or not, several of the Flyers Broadstreet Bullies were clients of the CPA accounting firm I worked for.  Bobby Kelly (the Hound)  used to visit me in my office every time he came in.  He was such a nice, regular guy, and was always very amused about how little I knew about hockey.  He used to say it was “refreshing,” but I always knew he was just being nice.

We talked about other things, he had a hard time getting into a business after his hockey career.  As you probably know, hockey players made nowhere near what players in other sports made during the 70s and 80s.  I know he still lives in the area and I hope he’s doing well.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

After so many years in this forum I am embarrased to admit that I always thought of @hckynut as "Hickorynut John." I imagined John as a steadfast lover of hickory nuts sitting on his porch cracking nuts and fending off the squirrels. Only now has the hockey connection become clear to me. Sorry John! Woman Very Happy