Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you're going through this. Hope you'll be ok.

Trusted Contributor

i am going in on wedneday for another shot.  this has really taken a toll on  me.  i hate feeling helpless and i hate it when  others        think that they know what  is best for me.

i have no sense of depth perception and when i am walking i need to be very careful.  complete strangers  have come up to me and asked if  i should  be driving. well, the dr cleared me to drive and it is none of their damm business anyway.  the nerve of some people.  what makes them think they have the right to ask me anything.  iam n ot talking about people who are asking me about my eye.  i will tell them and hopefully l educate them on how to knmow about a detached retina.  i am talking about folks who think that they have the right to ask questions that are none of their business.

i guess am just depressed and tired over this.  i have been through the ringer and it hasbee a very hard and long year for me with this

Honored Contributor

There isn't a day that I don't pray for you @shortbreadlover   I cannot imagine how frustrating this has been for you.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover 

Do you know what kind of shots they are giving you in you eye and why. I got shots for my retina for 3 years and nothing was helping me, I finally gave up and decide to make sure my other eye stays strong

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

theyare steriod shotsd to reduce the swelling

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover 

So you do not know the name of what is being injected, I have had three differnt types of seriods to stop the bleeding in my retina. They all hurt and with one doctor I had to keep my eye protected for about 12 hours

@shortbreadlover wrote:

theyare steriod shotsd to reduce the swelling

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.