Respected Contributor

Re: good friend problem....opinions please....

I don't know why he would have admitted such a thing.  Maybe he was pressured by the wife asking and did not want to lie.  I have met men that I was very attracted to through the years.  I don't act on it.  I think we all, my husband included, see other people we are attracted to by their looks or by their personality.  I say let him go to the game.  If he wants to do something he will whether he goes to the game or not. 

Honored Contributor

Why did he feel the need to tell her this?

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Why did he feel the need to tell her this?

@Group 5 minus 1, I can think of several reasons. My first choice would be that he thought that if he voiced it to her, it would help him resist any temptations he might be feeling.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Very odd that the husband had the gumption to tell his wife that he's 'attracted' to another woman...............Not a good thing, imo.

I don't think it's odd at all. He was honest with her although we don't know if she wanted him to be that forthcoming or not. 

I've been in the same position once or twice and wouldn't dream of telling my DH. It was a passing "thing"; I knew I would never act on it and why dump this kind of thing on him and possibly upset him, hurt his feelings, etc.? that would be totally selfish. 

But everyone is different and has their own way of dealing with different situations.