Trusted Contributor

They just had those dryer eggs on. They are no good. They said they were supposed to last 10 years time didn't last two months. I wouldn't buy them again.

Honored Contributor

thank you!

I was wondering if they worked or not know i know.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor
I use a dry towel and toss it in the dryer - works just fine
Honored Contributor
I have been using this type of product for at least 5 years. I buy several packages of them at a time at the dollar store., and toss them when the nubs start breaking off, or they split. I do find this type of product helps toss the clothes higher in the dryer to help the load dry faster, instead of tumbling the load in a tight ball in the center of the dryer, which takes more minutes to dry.
Esteemed Contributor

We tried the dryer eggs, Harlene and I wasn't impressed.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:
I have been using this type of product for at least 5 years. I buy several packages of them at a time at the dollar store., and toss them when the nubs start breaking off, or they split. I do find this type of product helps toss the clothes higher in the dryer to help the load dry faster, instead of tumbling the load in a tight ball in the center of the dryer, which takes more minutes to dry.

I get my dryer balls from the Dollar Store and think they work great too. I can tell when the brand I get is done when my clothes have static cling, I figure the balls last about 2 months depending how much laundry I dry.

Respected Contributor

I bought some blue plastic dryer balls some years back when they first came out and they didn't last.  The spikes broke off and the balls eventually split apart. 

I think they help by tossing the load of clothes around more so that the load dries a little faster with fewer wrinkles.  I experimented with using 3 tennis balls in the dryer and that's worked very well.  I use 1/2 of a dryer sheet (dollar store brand) if the load has mostly synthetics.

Valued Contributor
I buy dryer balls every so often. My current set is 'supposedly anti-static.' I am allergic to all dryer sheets, so this helps fluff and separate my clothes in the dryer without chemicals. My favorite sets have been little hedgehogs, strictly for the smile effect, but their little noses snap off and disappear in less than a month. My dad likes using them for towels.