Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Whatever it is that you are going through you have many hands holding your hands, with hearts wishing you strength and recovery. All wishing your sunshine and happiness. May the angels watch over you.

Honored Contributor

To:  @Cakers3@SoX@beastielove@Pqfan@LTT1@reiki604,  @weight watcher@cody2@PamfromCT@gloriajean@shaggygirl@Drythe@butterfly123@beckyb1012@catwhisperer@ECBG,  @Lindsays Grandma@chiclets, and everyone who added hearts,

I saw this thread and had to walk away from the computer for a wee bit of time, tears in my eyes and overwhelmed by warmth and gratitude in my heart.   A special note to Cakers for your ever-present, steadfast generosity and thoughtfulness... you're a part of my heart and I hope you know how important you are here. 

To all of you here...  sometimes, walking down a sidewalk our gaze drops to the pavement.    Drab, gray, hard, unyielding, simply utilitarian.   Then...  with the burst of color, life, and whimsy, up pops a flower, rising from a small space in the stone​-​like pathway, its brilliance, tenacity, and beauty a gracenote of hope along the way.    

"May we always find a sliver of light when we need it most. ​  ​May we support each other in shamelessly sharing our inner worlds so that no one suffers alone. ​  ​And may we give each other a little bit of our own light when we have some to spare. ​  ​Surely there is enough light to go around.” ~Jeff Brown, author of "Love It Forward"

All of you have been that unexpected, splendidly serendipitous flower, that incredibly essential sliver of light, when I needed you most.   You embody the meaning of "community" and I thank you, from my heart to yours.~❤️~ ​

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo...  It gives the reader so much pleasure to read your words that flow across the page with so much eloquence.  I don't know anyone else who does it quite like you do.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

You are a light...

D80E7ECD-D1CB-4189-910A-7DCD29D59C58.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Thank you, @Lindsays Grandma and @LTT1.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I just saw this thread.  ITA, dbd is the best. Heart 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Thank you, @dmod nj.❤️

Honored Contributor

I don't know why it took me so long to notice this thread, but I completely agree that @dooBdoo  is one of our most treasured posters.

I am so glad she is here.  

Image result for one of the good ones

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Thank you, @GingerPeach.❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@dooBdoo 

You are a light...

D80E7ECD-D1CB-4189-910A-7DCD29D59C58.jpeg

@LTT1  What a beautiful picture, thank you for sharing it.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam