Esteemed Contributor

Re: does your hubby cook for you?

my husband doesn't know how long to cook Minute Rice!!!

Honored Contributor

@lil sophie   My DH makes the coffee every morning and sometimes surprises me with a cappuccino. He can do fried or scrambled eggs if coaxed, but that's where his talents end. 

He does do all dishes, pots and clean up after dinner since I do 99% of the cooking. That's the deal we made 52 yrs. ago and it works out great since I'm a messy cook.  

Esteemed Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

My husband does *all* the cooking at our house! He loves to cook! I am so fortunate to be married to him.

He has a pellet grill and loves to use that thing, along with a charcoal grill.

He's really talented in cooking and could be a chef, I believe.

He even made some keto bread that was very good.

He made a stir-fry for lunch today using cut-up pork tenderloin he'd grilled. It was delicious.

That is great, @BoopOMatic .  Hey, I miss seeing you around, if you know what I mean.  Deleted?Woman Surprised

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

My husband was a great cook. Having grown up in the hospitality industry, he knew how to prepare just about anything. My mother was not the best cook and it was my husband who actually taught me to cook when we were dating. Maybe he had an ulterior motive in mind but I'm glad he provided a basic education in food prep. Now that he has Alzheimer's, he can't do much cooking. I have him make easy stuff so that he can continue to think he has maintained his kitchen skills. One of my daughters and my grandson are excellent cooks. The family tradition continues.

Super Contributor

@SoonerLater wrote:

My husband has always shared in cooking, house keeping, chores, laundry.  We both worked and we both worked at home.

@SoonerLater  Same here!  We're lucky I think. Both of his parents worked so he was taught early on. I never worked on cars though.  That's impressive that you do!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, all the time. Cooking, not baking.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely. He just made a fantastic turkey and sides for Thanksgiving.

I did all the dishes.

I love to bake.

Honored Contributor

He will make limited items for himself -- not really cooking --without complaint when I don't want a meal.  He is forgetting how to make the handful of meals he used to prepare for both of us though.  I need to hang out with him to keep an eye out.  He still does the bulk of cleaning up after I cook.

After he retired, and before the pandemic, we ate out several times a week and would have leftovers.

Honored Contributor

Regular Contributor

@RooRoo wrote:

@SoonerLater wrote:

My husband has always shared in cooking, house keeping, chores, laundry.  We both worked and we both worked at home.

@SoonerLater  Same here!  We're lucky I think. Both of his parents worked so he was taught early on. I never worked on cars though.  That's impressive that you do!

@RooRoo LOL!!!  No I don't work on cars, neither did my dad, but we are excellent at knowing what is wrong, or at least where and what the problem is.  We are good folk to take it to the dealer and talk with them about what's wrong and what it will take to fix it. And who's gonna pay for it!  Woman Wink

My dad made sure I knew about things like that.  He had tractors and trucks and pickups and cars and I had to tell him what was wrong with them.