Trusted Contributor

Re: do you have a favorite pair of pj's?

i ave a couple of vanity fair nighgowns that i love.  they are so faded but i love how they feel against my skin

Honored Contributor

@Happy In the South wrote:

I enjoy pj's made of bamboo fabric, as crazy as that sounds. The fabric is lightweight but very soft and cozy and it holds up great. My previous pair was about three years old and I've recently bought another pair. I get them on Amazon.  

I was looking at bamboo pj's on amazon a few weeks ago,which ones do you like?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Contributor

That’s sounds good to me. Just curling up in front of a nice warm fire. I love love any type of flannel pajamas. That would do it for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal I just have never been able to sleep in pj's. Can't stand things around my legs. My favorite is a knee length short sleeved t shirt type thing. In summer if it's really hot, I will wear a knee length strappy nightie.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

ALL of my pj’s are favorites!   I enjoy many winter days in my pajamas, as does my husband.   The best days ever are when there’s no school and teacher daughter is here in her pajamas, and trucker daughter is also home on break, and is in her pajamas!   

I depend on my pajamas to keep me warm and comfortable when I sleep, instead of cover.   I rarely have cover above my waist, so I like long sleeves covering my arms year round.   My husband pulls all the cover up to his neck, and I just have the sheet and cotton blanket on me.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dare I even say here?: That I've been known to actually wear some of my p.j.'s inside out.!

I like  to wear the softer (outside) inside, against my skin because most of mine are smooth cotton inside, not soft , brushed flannel. 

I haven't looked for new pj's lately, in several years, so I'm only guessing that many have the soft, brushed flannel on the inside, now-a-days.

'It's been years', as they say.

Thanks for the reminder to pay more attention to looking at new pj's. 

p.s.: I'm the one who goes around squeezing socks for softest cushioning.  Now you'll find me feeling pj's.   

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sleep in Miss Elaine nylon short nightgowns.  I'm able to easily slip around in bed.  I think Cuttle Duds are the worst clothing items QVC ever sold.  After trying the pjs for a couple of nights, I pitched them in the trash, as I did with the red shirt that stained everything that got near it.  The pink shirt is shapeless, worse than a potato sack.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

When I was formally diagnosed with fibromyalgia several years ago I was told by a very wise physician that I should do anything that was legal to make myself comfortable.

I had realized even before diagnosis that nightgowns tangled around me as I tossed and turned in bed, and pajamas lumped under me and disturbed me as well.

SO——I began sleeping in my skin, the “jammies” God gave me when I was born, and I’ve never turned back.

There are hazards about curling up in the bay window with a cup of hot coffee though!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't own any pj's; if I did, I'd I would only lounge in them.  I wouldn't be able to sleep fully clothed like that.  I suppose I like to feel free when I sleep.  I sleep in big oversized tees and white cotton panties.  

@chrystaltree  I agree. I used to sleep in loose cotton, short nightshirts or tees. Now I sleep au natural. The heat automatically goes down to 68 at night and the window’s slightly opened all winter. We have a very thick down comforter and on my side of the bed is a DB faux fur throw for extra warmth when needed. 

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

When I was formally diagnosed with fibromyalgia several years ago I was told by a very wise physician that I should do anything that was legal to make myself comfortable.

I had realized even before diagnosis that nightgowns tangled around me as I tossed and turned in bed, and pajamas lumped under me and disturbed me as well.

SO——I began sleeping in my skin, the “jammies” God gave me when I was born, and I’ve never turned back.

There are hazards about curling up in the bay window with a cup of hot coffee though!

@violann   Lol 😆