Honored Contributor

@hckynut  Truth....  Yes, Food Plan....that's the ticket to health.  Happy New Year to you and your wife and kitty!

@hckynut wrote:

@phoenixbrd

Appreciate your definition of what that word actually means. How it got to mean: "To lose weight", to this day, I have no clue. That is exactly why I have chose, many decades ago, to never to use that word, unless quoted. I decided on "food program" when it comes to food and drink consumption.

hckynut

Esteemed Contributor

Diet is more “do I choose to eat this” rather than “dare I eat this”.  We have control over our choices.

Honored Contributor

The word "diet" really just means the foods that a person or organizm consumes.  There is no negative or positive connotation.  

Respected Contributor

"Diet" is just a term for the assortment of foods that I use to fuel my body. That's it. It's not something to go on or off, and the only limitations are the ones that I've chosen. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

Diet is all the ads for diet things to make you thinner.Weather its programs,weight loss equipment and of course the very thin young models to watch.Every new year we all have to watch this.Buy this or sign up for that!