Honored Contributor

I have two thoughts on shower games:  Grow & UP!

Esteemed Contributor

The last shower I went to had games.  It was just awful.  Haven’t gone to one since.  Just send the gift and pass on the shower.  LM

Honored Contributor

Seems like most (me included) really don't like shower games at all.  I wonder how & why they even became  thing to do?!  They are awful!

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Heard MaryBeth say re:   shower she held for her son/daughter-law she eliminated games because she has noticed how guest roll their eyes when 'games' are even mentioned. (and a groan)

MaryBeth is right @fthunt. She did the right thing by not having games.

Respected Contributor

Three pages of NO, guess that says it all.

Esteemed Contributor

Yep....I don't know anyone who likes games at Showers....

Respected Contributor

I don't mind the games at showers Smiley Surprised  Showers are usually four hours long; I feel like you have to do something while you're stuck in a chair talking to the people across from and next to you.

I did not mean this toward the OP.  A small shower in someone's home is different Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

A fun game we played at a shower once - each person wrote down something about themself and the bride (& the guests chimed in too) had to guess who it was. The person who stumped the bride got a little prize.

Honored Contributor

Wow you all sound like a bunch of Debbie Downers! I suggest the OP just ask the bride if she wants games. Why everyone here is so against games at a shower is beyond my comprehension. Its supposed to be a happy time for the bride and if the guests at her shower roll their eyes at playing some games then thats on her guests. Let the bride have her day.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

The dreaded shower games were exactly why I did not want bridal or baby showers.    Mom insisted on a family only bridal shower, which I went along with, but I absolutely refused all offers of a baby shower, period.   NO, just no!

I hosted a family only bridal, and a family only baby shower for my two SIL’s.   We played two very short games at each shower, then had fun with eating and opening the gifts.   Everyone had a good time, and it was more like a family get together for mom’s, grandma’s, aunts, and cousins.