Contributor

Re: best place to look Meaning of Dreams?

check  dreammoods.com.

Esteemed Contributor

Very seldom do I have bad/scary dreams.

I've gone to sleep, where my last conscious thoughts were not happy ones, and narry a bad dream.

I can eat spicy foods, heavy foods, any foods, and again, no bad dreams.

For me, they just happen randomly.

For example, a couple of nights ago, I had a rare dream-within-a-dream.

In the first dream, I was watching a horror movie, which I never do, and a scary sceen came up. In my dream, I pulled the covers over my head, as the female in the movie screamed in horror.

Then I "woke up".

I looked at the clock and saw that my shift had already staryed, and that I was late for work.

I jumped out of bed, and ran around trying to find my outfit in the dark, before finally turning on a lamp.

Then I woke up for real, with my heart pounding and breathing hard.

I didn't eat anything spicy, no bad thoughts, it just happened.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I rarely, if ever have bad dreams..  I sleep like I've been hit over the head!!!

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey   Do you usually remember your good dreams?  I would start a dream journal and write down what you remember once you wake up.

Your local library probably has books that can help you get more information.

Carl G. Jung did a lot of work on symbols and you might get some insight by reading some of his writings.  Man and His Symbols is the one that comes to mind for me.  That one is surely in your library.

Symbols in your dreams are personal and tailored to you by your subconscious.  It is definitely, in my opinion, trying to alert you to something.  By keeping a journal you will see the message and meaning by the patterns that emerge over time.

Honored Contributor

Your own mind.  Something triggered your nightmares, such as reading, seeing on TV news, a show about breakins, a happening near you.  A invasion of your privacy somehow other than a breakin, maybe someone, somehow as invaded your space.  Think about it what has happened in your life lately.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Usually my dreams are comforting, of people I'm missing. Mostly though I don't remember my dreams.

Esteemed Contributor

hmmm. I had someone from work invade my privacy yesterday.

After the dreams. 

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey  I'm not a professional dream interpreter Woman Happy

We never know if a dream is a warning or something more metaphorical.  

Here's what I would do.  First  I would casually go around the house and check out the doors and windows. If the windows are supposed to be closed and locked, make sure they are closed and locked. Check out the door locks. If you have an attached garage, make sure all entrances (garage and house) are secure.

I experienced an actual robbery in the house (while I was at work).  It made me feel insecure, violated and uncomfortable.

You and your beloved have been through one heck of a roller coaster ride this year in regards to his health.  It's possible that your 'anxiety closet' blew open the other night and out came the nightmares.  Until the PSA you and he were living under a cloud of insecurity, not knowing how well the treatment was going.  When your happiness is being threatened by a force you can't control, it's natural to feel vulnerable.  

I would give it a little time and see if these 3 dreams were a 'one night only' experience.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise