Honored Contributor

Re: anyone hired a moving company for cross country move?

My neighbor moved from the midwest to the Virginia area.  She sold as much as possible as she was downsizing.  Her car was packed tight and the moving company (she got 3 estimates) loaded her things with another persons belongings.  She also  packed and boxed everything she could.  They did the loading.

They gave her an estimated arrival time at the new location, she said everything arrived just fine and on time.

If you are getting estimates you can't start to early as her move had to be coordinated with others to the general area.

If you are moving in stages, I assume that to mean you will be traveling to your new location several times before the big move...just load up your vehicle each time.

Good luck and I am jealous, I would like to move by my husband has not interest.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Respectlife    We have two Interstates crossing right in the middle of town with many motels but I never stayed at any of them.  We're only about 3 hrs from the Mexican Border and they seem to have a lot of trouble with rental trucks being stolen from motel parking lots, that probably go South. Tell dh to be very careful where he parks.  There's a small town with heavy truck traffic East of Albuquerque on I-40, if he's coming that way, called Moriarty.  Might consider staying there. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Look into PODS or Zippy Shell. You pack them yoiurselves, they arrive, and you unpack them. If you are driving cross counrty park you cars nose to tail so noone can brak into the truck.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Thank you SO much!