Honored Contributor

Your top character traits

[ Edited ]

Has anyone taken the quiz offered by Via Institute on character traits?

I found it surprisingly accurate.

Appreciation of Beauty and Excellence is my #1

Two through four (out of 25) are Creativity, Honesty, and Love of Learning.  The lower numbers for anyone are not considered "weak" traits, but simply lesser strengths.

You do get on their mailing list, but it's very easy to just unsubscribe.  I found the test worth going to the trouble.

ETA: For those decide to react without checking out the site, you should know that this is the farthest thing from the kind of online quizzes you may think.  It's been used by those in the psychology field for their clients, and is considered as a useful tool along with the Myers-Briggs test.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Your top character traits

It is my personal belief  that "quizzes" and "surveys" are a way of invading your privacy.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Interesting.....my top 4 character traits are:

Gratitude

Judgment

Prudence

Spirituality

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you found it interesting, @YorkieonmyPillow 

For those who are reacting without checking out the site, this is the farthest thing from the kind of online quizzes you may think.  It's been used by those in the psychology field for their clients, and is considered as a useful tool along with the Myers-Briggs test. (I'm adding this paragraph to the OP.)

I just bought their book:

Image result for via character book

Esteemed Contributor

Would not go near such an invasion of privacy.  

Honored Contributor

It's quite fascinating how some folks just don't read, don't research, and make snap judgments.

Honored Contributor

Hi @GingerPeach  I did it. I think taking tests like that are interesting and fun. There was no invasion of privacy. My test pretty much came out like I thought it would so I do feel it is extremely accurate.

Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach   My last boss was very interested in a cohesive working atmosphere & every new hire -myself included- had to take a personality test to make sure we all had the traits she was looking for!  

Honored Contributor

I also quit doing internet quizs when I read up how they invade your privacy and log information on you.  Yes, it is not anonymous at all.....they know who you are and where you live!😯

Honored Contributor

I wouldn’t take the online test.  I would, however, read the book.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986