Honored Contributor

Re: Your oldest gift/present

I just turned 56 on Christmas Eve and I am still wearing what my high school boyfriend gave me on Christmas Eve night when I turned 17.  It is a 16 inch 14k Tri-Colored gold chain.  I have always loved it and being only 16 inches with yellow, white and rose colored gold it works with most all necklaces.  I have often wondered what he would think of the hard earned $$ he saved as a 20 year old to buy that gift and it was well worth the investment.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

twopeas, And why would you want to?. Memories  if they good ones are the greatest. I did have some items that had bad memories attached I did pull my self to part with them.

Esteemed Contributor

Back in the 60's, I received a Walt Disney Pink Watch that came with a Cinderella figurine.  I know there were other Disney characters and watch combinations such as Snow White, etc.  The watch is long gone but I still have the Cinderella figurine.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

I have a sterling silver heart locket that was given to me when I was baptized, over 59 years ago.  I’m going to pass it on to my granddaughter when she turns 3, in April. 

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Trusted Contributor

I had to part with most of my older, cherished items when downsizing to move into a retirement community. The oldest thing I held onto is the small, hand-carved nativity scene that was first passed down to my mother from hers- then to me upon her passing. Have lost track of exactly how old it is now.. but the wood must be petrified by now, lol. 

Second to that must be some old Avon jewelry - 2 brooches from the '70s that have held up incredibly well.