Honored Contributor

Re: Your oldest gift/present

Oh wait! I do have one!

The necklace pendant my son gave me with an inscription to me. He had it done when he was in the army and I do treasure that.

He gave me a beautiful heart necklace too that sadly fell out of my carry on bag on the plane. It was in my cosmetic case and I cried. I sent in several lost claim forms, called many times but it was gone. I'm sure someone really loved getting it-many of my favorite things were in there.

But my son said it was just a necklace and I didn't need it to know he loved me😥

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I still have (and wear occasionally) a birthstone necklace my grandma gave me for Christmas when I was 8 or 9.  That was over 50 years ago!

Honored Contributor

My oldest gift is my first Easter purse when I was 5, which would have been in 1961.   Next is the engraved white Bible I received for Christmas 1962, from an aunt and uncle who passed in the 80’s.     

I have a bracelet from a Sunday School gift exchange in the early 60’s.  I have 3 books of fairy tales, nursery rhymes  and bedtime stories from the early 60’s.   I have a tiny gold holiday pin given to me by an uncle when I was 7, and a gold bangle bracelet from my Papaw for my 8th or 9th birthday.   I also have an engraved book marker from an elementary friend who drew my name in our class drawing. I still have my first watch, birthstone ring, and a jewelry box from my parents.  

Respected Contributor

A beautiful and unique 14K gold bracelet received from my father when I was 14. It began my love affair with jewelry.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I have a lot of older gifts.  I have a cross Necklace from when I was baptized, a 14k Bulova watch I got when I was 13. A Schwinn bike I got when I was 12.  

Spoiler

I also have a SS charm bracelet I got when I was 10.  It has a charm from the NY worlds fair from the same year...among many others.  I do not like to get rid of gifts.  I still have BD cards from my one and only Birthday party when I was 13.  I have a box of keepsakes from when I was a child with many items that were gifted to me when I was a little girl.

Honored Contributor

My MIL would give me an antique at XMAS and I still have all of them so far.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny

I have two good rings that were gifts from my father when I was a teen. One was a Valentines Day gift. I don’t recall the occasion I received the other ring for. I still wear both rings.

Respected Contributor

A Barbie doll my Aunt gave me for Christmas when I was in 2nd grade. She is over 50 years old. 

Honored Contributor

I still have my engraved red bible from parents on Christmas in 1964. I was 11 yr old.

Respected Contributor

Now that I am reading all the replies, I realize that in the attic I have other treasures given to me by grandparents and family from the time I was five or six.  Its bitter sweet; they are not of much value but are my treasures.  I have no children to pass them on to.