Respected Contributor

Your life, linear or segments?

I believe people look at their lives differently, and I think there is a big difference between how men and women reflect on theirs.  

For me, life is one connected line, it's linear.   What happened in childhood and so on, contributed to who I am today.  I look back on episodes in my life fondly or with remorse; they are always with me.  Everything is connected.  I think of an incident, and can still remember, almost feel, the emotions involved.  No, I don't live in the past, but it's always within reach.  

Others, men in particular,IMO, seem to compartmentalize the events of their lives.  When one episode is over, such as a relationship ending, they box it up and lock it away never to open it up and recall the good and bad things that occurred. 

I may be wrong about the differences in men and women in  this matter. 

What's your opinion?   Thank you! 

Super Contributor

Re: Your life, linear or segments?

yep!  That is how I see it sometimes.

Honored Contributor

I will only say I don't like to see men and the way they handle things handled as a sweeping genralization.

Men are all different as are all women.

Honored Contributor

Very interesting.  I see life as a line and normal development of an individual follows linear development.  Who we are is formed by our background.

Men.  Who knows?

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids

Well, to the point, how do you look upon your life? 

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I am not really a very philosophical person. My younger years, a high school drop out and young single working girl with very little makes me more appreciative of what I have done, even getting a BS in Accounting at age 52, raising a great family and having two closets full of clothes that I enjoy. Life has been good to me, and I've been fortunate. I owe a lot to DH who has been a terrific support and provider. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Neither,,,,too limiting.  I appreciate your perspective.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd,

Interesting.  What else would you add?  

Thanks! 

Respected Contributor

How can I shut this down?  I thought it would be an interesting topuc, but it appears to have irritated posters.  I can't find a way to delete the entire thing.  

QVC Mods, do me a favor!  Close this!  Thank you!  

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic....I find it interesting, no one seems to be arguing...