Honored Contributor

I love Praisolite. But I like Pink Opals too. I like so many different ones, it depends on mood and day too. I just love jewelry.

Esteemed Contributor
Aquamarines are my favorite gemstone.
Honored Contributor

Re: Your favorite gemstone?

[ Edited ]

This is hard.  I love them all. Probably amethyst and garnet. I have a beautiful "faux alexandrite" antique ring of my grandmothers.  Grandpa bought it for her thinking it was an amethyst.  It is set in a ton of 10K gold and is a large stone...probably 5 or 6 carats with a checkerboard cut.  I had an antique dealer offer me close to $400 for it. I would never sell it. Wished it was real!  Alexandrite would be my first choice if I had the money for a real one.  A jeweler told me if my ring was a real Alexandrite (this was about 20 yrs. ago) it would have been worth $40,000 to $50,000.  I love it just the same.

Honored Contributor

Re: Your favorite gemstone?

[ Edited ]

I'd love to run across a simulated and/or Diamonique brilliant cut orange stone with shades of pinks shining through.  Similar to a Padparadscha Sapphire; or maybe a Diamonique version of a brilliant cut Mexican Opal. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

of the 5 you list, @151949, I like rhodolite garnet the most. for precious gems I adore ruby.

dee

Esteemed Contributor

Good clean tourmalines (any color esp. Rubellite)

Morganite

Aquamarine

Iolite

Spinel

Zircon (any color)

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

OK, the name of the gemstone that I never seem to remember (the name of):  Padparadscha Sapphire.  The Orange-pink type.  Anyway, I'd love to see a simulated or lab-created variety at QVC.  (A Diamonique version)  Mostly brilliant oranges with a touch of pinks radiating throughout.  ...........Also, I like brilliant cut Mexican Opal.  Would love to see Diamonique version in that bright, deep, brilliant transparent orange. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Tanzanite and sapphires of all colors.

Respected Contributor

I don't really care for gemstones.  I am not drawn to the colored gemstones.  My birthstone is opal and I don't like it at all.  

My husband's birthstone is pearl and I have taken to wearing pearls the last 10 years or so. I own a good amount of  Honora pearls, many colors but my favorite is white.

Honored Contributor

Of those choices, I'd go with garnet.  Emerald is still a favorite of mine, with my birthstone of diamond, a close second.