Respected Contributor

Re: Your Summer Plans....New Plans

We're supposed to go to the Outer Banks for the last 2 weeks in May. They've been on lock down for awhile now, so we probably won't be able to go. We're going to get our car checked out (we always do this before we go) in case we get lucky. If not, we may just do some day trips or short overnights when things settle down. 

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I was supposed to go on an extended family trip to Spain in June.  Of course it's canceled.  So we will spend more time in the backyard.  DH has decided to make an 8x8 vegetable garden and I'll help.

I'm really hoping that we'll be able to take a drive to the beach once a week in the afternoons like we've done previous years.  I'm about an hour from the Jersey shore so who knows if they will be open?

We were also thinking (before all of this) of going to the Poconos for a few days in Sept.,and staying in a lakefront cabin but again who knows how things will be at this point.

~~~~~~~

Hello haddon ~           4-19'20 @haddon9 

You will love the Poconos...what a great get-away, along with your plan staying Lake Front in a quiet cabin.

How unbelievably beautiful `that will be` in September would be.  

I usually do not chime in with many topics, as plans, but this one of yours is delicious with a hope for one of the perfect places.

We have been just about all over the world, and traveled throughout this great country of ours, so a plan going somewhere is low on the list. Loved it. 

I cherish total peace, no people to entertain, host or become a guest.

I am finally out of the limelight being with people what appeared to be for days to months for a very long period of my life.

Most was either (in combination) with our export business, along with different techniques of medical procedures; learning experience. 

Keep that as a your Hope, and with a prayer, it may come. 

Just for you at this time Smiley Happy and truly always with a positive attitude and patience. 

How long- or when [IF] by this year's ending, that hopefully this cruel and vicious China virus has completely been signed as as a No More, I am savoring each day my husband and I are / can / share gold moments together like it was when we were dating.

Enjoying life to its fullest. Someday that will come to an end when there is only one of is left.

I certainly hope that your plan comes to fruition ....and you have the best experience ever.

Having no knowledge if you and husband has been there before, I know you'll ~~~~~~~love...............it ~

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 Thank you so much for your lovely thoughts.  I live in PA so I have been to the Poconos many times.  However it had been many years since we went and we did go to a lakeside cabin last Sept.

It was early in the month and kids had gone back to school so it was nice & quiet...such a beautiful and peacful time.  The weather was perfect!....I hope this is something that we can do again this Sept. but only time will tell. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My husband's health situation stopped vacation planning years ago. We take things as they come and focus on one day at a time.
Esteemed Contributor

We were supposed to go to my granddaughter's college graduation and my grandson's wedding in May. The graduation ceremony has been canceled. The wedding reception has been postponed. Any other plan, such as a vacation in Québec, is  a non-starter. My grandson's wedding reception is now scheduled for late September. He and his fiancée decided to get married locally on May 1. No family will be there. It's heartbreaking.

Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB 

Doing just as well as before this virus. My summer plans? Nothing has changed: Ice Skate/ice skate, and more ice skating. I am blessed and am not suffering(just a minute' skating withdrawal", but mental and physical health are doin just fine.

Only kids are our furry ones. I personally prefer my jaunts to be just myself, and maybe Lily(canine)when I decide to walk a few miles outside. Sure, I like people, in general, but I can get along just fine without being in a group, or even a pair. Always preferred doing most things singularly, not dependent on needing anyone to do anything, or keep me motivated.

Ran several big groups over the decades so been around lots of people, but have always preferred more loner types of activities: running/skating/training, and most things in general. Liked depending only on myself to get most thing's done and have been like this most of my life.

It's too bad some of your groups might have ended. Were it me? Start up your own group and make the plans. I would think many others feel as you do about this. Good wishes!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)