Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your Post is Important to me . . .

@cherry wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@truffle I see nothing wrong with commas or multiple anything.  For me, it is just something I do on any site.  It is a habit, I guess sometimes I don't even realize that I did it , till someone goes off on me.

I definitly agree with not liking long posts, but Jeeze it certainly isn't anything to get upset over.

There are so many things in life to worry about, that are far more important.  

I have a friend that has always typed everything in caps.  She could care less who likes it.  It is just her.     

No one here went off on anyone ,but you.

@cherry you are wrong---people have gone off on me -- maybe not on this thread, but they have for several things...But you know what?  I will type as I please.  If anyone chooses not to read my posts so be it.  I don't care.  I don't care what or how you post on here, someone will find fault with it.  It is time for everyone to grow up and start worrying about being kinder to everyone here. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Annabellethecat66

yours are long? then there's me.

@hckynut  I remember in the beginning John,  I thought you were being mean to me, because you were typing in large letters. I was wrong, because as someone pointed out to me, is that is how you type and you can't see well.  

Then I felt like a rat.  So my point is that something very innocent can be taken in a different way when someone don't know you. Now you are one of my favorite posters  :0)

People on here can be mean and cruel and @x Hedge , I am not talking about you at all.  I am just speaking in general.  

Frequent Contributor

@Imadickens wrote:

@x Hedge Sorry, guilty as charged! Well, sort of! I use caps not to yell but to emphasize! See, I hear my words in my head as I type and when I emphasize a word in my head I tend to cap it so the reader can more clearly understand my meaning! I try to bold instead but am an old dog who forgets new tricks!

I taught writing for 20 years and you are so right about punctuation! For example, 

" Let's eat grandma I'm hungry."

I prefer not to be eaten, but don't want others to starve. So, how about...

"Let's eat, Grandma! I'm hungry!"

or even, 

"Let's eat! Grandma, I'm hungry!"

I will try to bold, not yell, but can't say I'll remember ALL the time! Oops! 

@Imadickens  I'm surprised to read you taught writing. In your long posts on the boards you use exclamation points as much as or more than you use periods to end sentences.  Not sure if that translates to shouting but it gives a post a weird tone sometimes. I admit though it makes me laugh seeing all the exclamation marks. 😄(Not particularly referring to this post in this thread btw.)

Frequent Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

We are all different, so it makes sense that everyone is not troubled by the same things as the person who wrote the original message. Best to read what one wants to read and let it go at that! 

This is true @libbyannE. Different people notice different things. I don't think anybody's troubled though except those who take offense at the general topic of this thread. Like another poster said instead of being offended it's interesting to know certain things make posts harder to read.

jmo of course. 😊

Frequent Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Thank you all for your posts, but I'm not here to change anyone's style. Not my job. @truffle, you keep on posting all the commas the mods will allow.

I want to read all the posts, and presumably people post their contributions here because they want them to be read.

I skip some posts, but they're not skipped due to content or point of view.

For example, there's one lady who posts quite a bit here, but I'm sorry to say I've never been able to get past the first few sentences before I feel like I'm going cross-eyed.

I don't think she would recognize her own posts if she viewed them in mobile, as many readers do.

@For as much as she writes, I'm sure she'd be surprised she's routinely skipped for one of the reasons in my original post. On the other hand @QVCkitty1, your posts are always a delight to read. 

Nothing wrong with your thread @x Hedge, I think it's interesting.

Some people are looking to be offended about something no matter what lol, so it's just part of the Internet experience these days. 

Respected Contributor

@lavinia5534 Funny you mentioned my use of exclamation points! (Oops) First, I do know better. Second, I'm not intending on it being read as shouting. Finally, if you heard me speak, you'd understand that using the exclamation points are my way of trying to show my enthusiasm for what I'm saying. I'm glad they make you chuckle, I enjoy pleasing people! (That one was intentional.)

Never underestimate the power of kindness.