Respected Contributor

Re: Your Post is Important to me . . .

@on the bay wrote:

@newziesuzie~

Thank you for telling me! 
I never would have known because to me this is huge on my computer!

I guess a lot of people do read on their phone and what a difference it makes!

No wonder people can't read the posts!

Thank you!

Is a 2 ok? or is that still small? 

Your welcome @on the bay!

You are so sweet!

😊

I like size 3 but that's just my eyes,

i don't know what other posters think.

Have a nice night!

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I never knew how to make my posts bigger (except the control+ on the computer), until

recently.

So I asked people who always had the larger letters how they did it! and yea!

I knew how to do the colors (which I like, though blue is harder for me to read than others-see how we all have different opinions?)

I just never noticed the font size up above because it does not appear right away!

So some people may still not know how to do this.

And @x Hedge, believe it or not, I never thought of how much smaller the print is on a phone because until recently, I still had a flip phone! 

There may be some who would like to know how to improve the readability of their posts but not sure how to do it.

So I learned something again by reading this.

Oh, and hope this meets the approval of all those who get annoyed if not done "right"  though if I'm interested, I will read anything.

I know not all are proficient in knowing or operating computers, tablets or iphones. A lot of us are still learning, or not, and sometimes we forget our newfound skills. So please be patient and be kind.

Now this is way too small.  I had to get my magnifying glass out.   LOL

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo You are lovely.  I enjoy reading your posts.  Like you said, I think sometimes people need to overlook the way something is written and enjoy the thoughts behind the words.

Your post was insightful and thought provoking.  I enjoy all of them and are glad you are a part of the QVC community.  Your kindness comes through in each and every post.

Esteemed Contributor

@truffle I see nothing wrong with commas or multiple anything.  For me, it is just something I do on any site.  It is a habit, I guess sometimes I don't even realize that I did it , till someone goes off on me.

I definitly agree with not liking long posts, but Jeeze it certainly isn't anything to get upset over.

There are so many things in life to worry about, that are far more important.  

I have a friend that has always typed everything in caps.  She could care less who likes it.  It is just her.     

Esteemed Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

Well said, @x Hedge !

@spent2much  I love your signature.  The WORD is indeed eternity.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

on the bay wrote:

I never knew how to make my posts bigger (except the control+ on the computer), until

recently.

So I asked people who always had the larger letters how they did it! and yea!

I knew how to do the colors (which I like, though blue is harder for me to read than others-see how we all have different opinions?)

I just never noticed the font size up above because it does not appear right away!

So some people may still not know how to do this.

And @Hedge, believe it or not, I never thought of how much smaller the print is on a phone because until recently, I still had a flip phone! 

There may be some who would like to know how to improve the readability of their posts but not sure how to do it.

So I learned something again by reading this.

Oh, and hope this meets the approval of all those who get annoyed if not done "right"  though if I'm interested, I will read anything.

I know not all are proficient in knowing or operating computers, tablets or iphones. A lot of us are still learning, or not, and sometimes we forget our newfound skills. So please be patient and be kind.

You can quote a post and enlarge is so it is readable

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@truffle I see nothing wrong with commas or multiple anything.  For me, it is just something I do on any site.  It is a habit, I guess sometimes I don't even realize that I did it , till someone goes off on me.

I definitly agree with not liking long posts, but Jeeze it certainly isn't anything to get upset over.

There are so many things in life to worry about, that are far more important.  

I have a friend that has always typed everything in caps.  She could care less who likes it.  It is just her.     

No one here went off on anyone ,but you.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge Sorry, guilty as charged! Well, sort of! I use caps not to yell but to emphasize! See, I hear my words in my head as I type and when I emphasize a word in my head I tend to cap it so the reader can more clearly understand my meaning! I try to bold instead but am an old dog who forgets new tricks!

I taught writing for 20 years and you are so right about punctuation! For example, 

" Let's eat grandma I'm hungry."

I prefer not to be eaten, but don't want others to starve. So, how about...

"Let's eat, Grandma! I'm hungry!"

or even, 

"Let's eat! Grandma, I'm hungry!"

I will try to bold, not yell, but can't say I'll remember ALL the time! Oops! 

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Hello @libbyannE . Although you are the first (I think) to introduce bad grammar, typos, spelling, and capitalization to this conversation, I haven't run accross any of those issues literally preventing me from being capable of reading or understanding any posts here

This was about those un-readable posts that give the reader eye pain, squint-headaches, crossed eyes, etc on both full and mobile settings, especially when trying to view the post on a handheld device. Also those posts that leave you reading a string of words without being able to extract clear meaning.

There's a disappointment in being unable to read a post, not an annoyance. 

Glad to help further the discussion! You wrote about things you notice, and I wrote that I don't notice those things but am aware of my typo errors and bad grammar. We all notice different things! 

Respected Contributor

We are all different, so it makes sense that everyone is not troubled by the same things as the person who wrote the original message. Best to read what one wants to read and let it go at that!