Esteemed Contributor

Your Post is Important to me . . .

I rarely get to sit for a while at a PC. Instead, I'm usually on the go, pausing to read and tap out my little posts on a 5" phone or mini tablet, both with glass screens.

Your post is important to me, and I really wanted to read it, but I couldn't. Here's why. 

WRITING WHOLE SENTENCES IN CAPS has already been covered. It is shouting, and I avoid being shouted at whenever possible.

Lack of paragraphs. When you organize your post into separate paragraphs by thoughts, it's easy to both read it and grasp your meaning.

When I see a big block of text, a solid wall of words on a little screen, I just reluctantly scroll on by. In fact, that's too hard to tackle, even on a bigger screen.

Bright color to highlite a phrase or item number is fine. But a post in bright or light colored text is near blinding on a glass screen. I've seen posts done entirely in bright green, orange, light blue, yellow, red, and fucia. It literally hurts the eyes to view these posts through the glass. 

Punctuation helps the reader understand the thoughts behind your words. As you know, those little punctuation marks have specific meanings, just like words do. They give the reader instructions, and when they show up in clusters............????????..........like decorations...........(((!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)))................leave me wondering.............words yes...........but meaning ..................say WHAT?

I'm not the post police, and I'm certainly not having any trouble reading the vast majority of posts. But I hate having to skip over parts of the conversation, missing the content just because the visuals are so daunting. Mobile setting further changes your post's visual presentation.

I just want to be able to read and understand what you all have to add to the forums, on large screen or small, in full or mobile setting.

Respected Contributor

Re: Your Post is Important to me . . .

Well said, @x Hedge !

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

ITA,  I don't even attempt to read long posts that aren't made into paragraphs.   It's too hard on the eyes trying to read them.   Remember,  not everyone is using an 18" monitor. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If I want to read the post , I don't care how it is organized .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I agree with all of what you said, Hedge.  It's just basic common courtesy.

Also, when people type in all bolded it's screamy and hurts the eyes.  These things are just not considered polite.

BUT, and it's a big one - on this board, good luck with that.   Whenever people try to help by advising others of common courtesies you'll probably get the finger from many.   On other boards all these things are just common knowledge and some of them (like the yelling and such) will get people banned if they don't conform to basic manners.

But you'll probably get plenty of grief here.  A lot of people here don't think rules apply to them and you'll get the basic, childish 'I'll do whatever I want and I don't care about manners' response.

Honored Contributor

The color is very hard on my eyes, I tend to avoid those posts

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

I've been guilty of doing repetitive commas,,,,don't know how I got into that habit but I will work on it! 

Esteemed Contributor

@truffle wrote:

I've been guilty of doing repetitive commas,,,,don't know how I got into that habit but I will work on it! 

@truffle

I love repetitive commas

you dont' need to work on anything.

Honored Contributor

There are a few things that I'm not a fan of in posts, but I don't see it ever changing.