Honored Contributor

Blackout shades.....and rationing coupons

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Re: You’re How Old?! 😆

[ Edited ]

Remember the oil shortage imposed by OPEC in '73, and to get gas we had to wait in line on certain days depending on our license tag number.  It was an odd, even number setup for which day you could get gas.  I was the designated person in family to take both cars and wait in line to purchase gas....oh what a joy it was with a 2 & 4 yr old!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma   Thanks Wilma 7500 for a fun trip down memory lane for us oldies. Nice diversion from today's sad times.  

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember listening to the radio!  And enjoying it very much.   Parents listened evenings to Gabriel Heater  for news.  No television

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

I'm glad I was young and stupid before there was an internet!

Me, too. 

@Silver Lining @reiki604 Me three!  I was too adventerous!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I'm so old, I remember EVERYTHING mentioned in this thread!  Smiley Tongue

@Mz iMac ...Now that is funny.    You didn't respond to my shout out...Woman Sad

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   I did respond to your shoutout!  Was it poofed?  Can't find it.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yeah, I remember 90% of things mentioned.  I will add the milk box on the front porch. Leave your list and money, milkman left the items.  We also had a breadman, Strohman's, come around in his truck.

Penny candy at the store near the elementary school.  A nickle got you a lot of candy,

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Oh yeah, I remember 90% of things mentioned.  I will add the milk box on the front porch. Leave your list and money, milkman left the items.  We also had a breadman, Strohman's, come around in his truck.

Penny candy at the store near the elementary school.  A nickle got you a lot of candy,

Yes, with the milk box! In the summer, our milk man carried popsicles and ice cream treats. We also had a bread man, Fuller Brush Lady and the Electrolux man. I can even remember his last name!!! We had a store near us that had the best candy counter. It could take a half hour to spend a dime.

Honored Contributor

I've gone back to listening to the radio.  Talk radio.