Honored Contributor

Heard this is AM. Opinions,please. Thank you!

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Re: You get what you pay for?

Here's what I think about that....."It's very subjective"....too subjective come to think of it.

Honored Contributor

Not always.

Honored Contributor

Usually.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Not so true these days,  many exceptions.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

My father used to use this expression.  I think he learned from experience.  I often say You get what you pay for also.  In fact I believe it for the most part.  If you go cheap and I have done so, the job turns our to be inferior.  When you spend you will get quality and it will last.  Of course this doesn't apply to everything but in general it is applicable.

In my experience I have found hiring contractors who charge more than others have done the job to last.  When I went for the lower prices the job needed to redone within a short time.  Just my experiences, it could work the opposite too.

Honored Contributor

It depends on who is doing the selling.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  It is so variable.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Literally, this is a true statement because when you spend money you actually get what you just paid for.

Then there are times you may think you are getting a good deal on an item because of the cheap price and when the products arrives you now understand why such a low price.

Then there are times as a selling pitch the seller will attempt to convey to the buyer that if they pay more they are getting a better quality or deal. I hear this all the time especially on home shopping networks...regardless of the products being sold.

Hopefully, seasoned or experienced buyers will know when they are potentially being lured into believing a sales hype. 

Honored Contributor

I know if I spend a lot of money for something, I want it to reflect that exchange. I have spent less for something though and was surprised when it was better than expected for the price.