Honored Contributor

Re: You can take the country out of the girl...

I certainly hope there are enough people graduating with "shrink-ology" degrees. We're going to need them.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

I truly get the point of this post.   

Your reality is thru a sister; mine was with the oldest friend I've ever had.   

We were 2 little girls growing up in rural WV until her parents moved away for job opportunities.   Staying in touch was easy with her extended family living here, and before we knew it our friendship was more than 60 years old.   

Many years ago some of her local family began to voice how my friend had changed and was more like the uppity dollar loving family she married into.   I didn't see it then.   2 years ago a very odd circumstance came about, which affected our friendship, and was my "there's your sign" moment.  Everything I hadn't seen before was suddenly a billboard in front of me.

Money and privilege changes people, and sometimes you just can't find a common bond with that person anymore.   

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@Nonametoday 

I truly get the point of this post.   

Your reality is thru a sister; mine was with the oldest friend I've ever had.   

We were 2 little girls growing up in rural WV until her parents moved away for job opportunities.   Staying in touch was easy with her extended family living here, and before we knew it our friendship was more than 60 years old.   

Many years ago some of her local family began to voice how my friend had changed and was more like the uppity dollar loving family she married into.   I didn't see it then.   2 years ago a very odd circumstance came about, which affected our friendship, and was my "there's your sign" moment.  Everything I hadn't seen before was suddenly a billboard in front of me.

Money and privilege changes people, and sometimes you just can't find a common bond with that person anymore.   

@RedTop   You get it, my sister!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Nonametoday  I have never heard of baby chickens drowning when it rains.  confused.gif

@Mz iMac 

What do you think would happen to them in a big rainstorm if they had no place to roost? They don't have roost in gated neighborhood with houses that start at $3,000,000.00.  Baby chicks are very fragile, weigh only 2-3 ounces, are about 2 inches tall and where do they go and what do they do.  They can't fly.  They have not developed wings and even if they could, where would they fly to in the city.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

What do you think would happen to them in a big rainstorm if they had no place to roost?

They would get wet period.  Not all domestic chicks have a place to roost.  I've lived in the city as well as the burbs w/domestic chickens.  Family members on farms.  I've seen plenty of chicks wandering about in the middle of a rainstorm.  Not a one drowned. 

Still, have never ever heard of chicks drowning from being out in the rain.

@Nonametoday 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

What do you think would happen to them in a big rainstorm if they had no place to roost?

They would get wet period.  Not all domestic chicks have a place to roost.  I've lived in the city as well as the burbs w/domestic chickens.  Family members on farms.  I've seen plenty of chicks wandering about in the middle of a rainstorm.  Not a one drowned. 

@Nonametoday 

@Mz iMac 

The mother chickens would protect the babies.  These had no mothers.  These were little bitties that weighed an ounce or so.  I hope you are not going to put little baby chickens out in the rain.   Yes some can free-range in the rain if it is not a downpour but chickens seek cover in a rainstorm.

Esteemed Contributor

What a sad story, poor baby chicks.  Her grandchildren may hate her but I doubt if she cares.  It appears she has become somewhat of a "snob." Woman Mad

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you are jealous of your sisters success and is trying to find a way to put her down.....not a good look.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Nonametoday 

@Mz iMac 

The mother chickens would protect the babies.  These had no mothers.  These were little bitties that weighed an ounce or so.  I hope you are not going to put little baby chickens out in the rain.   Yes some can free-range in the rain if it is not a downpour but chickens seek cover in a rainstorm.

@Nonametoday  @Mz iMac   it is an all too common occurrence for baby chicks to drown in their waterer and even drown in puddles.  However, a bigger threat to chicks being out in the rain is hypothermia causing death.  The hypothermia death leads people to believe the chicks drowned.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Nonametoday 

@Mz iMac 

@Nonametoday  @Mz iMac   it is an all too common occurrence for baby chicks to drown in their waterer and even drown in puddles.  However, a bigger threat to chicks being out in the rain is hypothermia causing death.  The hypothermia death leads people to believe the chicks drowned.

@Marp 

That is true although some chicken farmers say they do not die from hypothermia but why else would you need chicken houses with heating in them if they did not die from hypothermia?  These little chicks were floating.  So it was obvious they drowned.