Honored Contributor

Yes, Sometimes It's A Tough Decision.

Respected Contributor

Re: Yes, Sometimes It's A Tough Decision.

My mom was like that with plastic containers and styrofoam. 

Honored Contributor

Oh my gosh! How did you know?!

I thought it was just me inherited from my mother-her Lord and Taylor boxes, cute little jewelry boxes, Harry and David pear boxes-none better than these!

Then when I would move a lot, I had to keep great boxes, until one day I stopped saving-you only have so much room.

Anyway I actually was surprised to see this saying. I had no idea there were others like us!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

So true. I just had this conversation with my neighbor. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, that's me.  

Respected Contributor

@catter70 

Your post about styrofoam reminded me of the surprise I got when I cleaned out my parents' home.

My mother had washed every styrofoam meat container and wrapped them in packages of 10 and then kept them in storage boxes in the attic !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I had to laugh!  I just eyed a box yesterday that was a really good box, high sides and clean at work no less!  It was almost perfect to take to the beach, but too large once it was filled with condiments and other things needed for a week.

Esteemed Contributor

For me it's bubble wrap

Esteemed Contributor

I think I've become more like that in the pandemic years.  I'll think " gee, I might need that and not be able to get it".  Kind of like our parents in the Depression years.  I'm getting over it though. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

Yep, that's me!  Guilty as charged.  Sometimes I save those darned boxes and end up tossing them after a while anyways.  Why do I put myself through such nonsense?  Sheesh.  🤔