Trusted Contributor

Re: Yea! They’re closing the Forever 21 in my mall

Well @Meowingkitty , back in the day Mall Shopping was my family's entertainment. I had a lot of fun and did quite a lot of damage $$$$ over the years shopping in the brick & mortar stores. Sign of the times.

dee

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Finally. They are closing the Forever 21 in my mall due to bankruptcy. The place was a former Mervyns and I don't think it's been cleaned since Mervyns left. What that 10 years ago? They finally pulled up the carpet that was stained, had holes and tears so now it's just bare concrete with cracks, sticky spots and gum. The escalator is stained and sticky with black filth. You don't dare touch anything. I hope whoever takes over this space has lots of money to clean up the joint. Maybe a quality store will go in. 

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Finally. They are closing the Forever 21 in my mall due to bankruptcy. The place was a former Mervyns and I don't think it's been cleaned since Mervyns left. What that 10 years ago? They finally pulled up the carpet that was stained, had holes and tears so now it's just bare concrete with cracks, sticky spots and gum. The escalator is stained and sticky with black filth. You don't dare touch anything. I hope whoever takes over this space has lots of money to clean up the joint. Maybe a quality store will go in. 

Respected Contributor

I went into this store one time...What cheap junk!

Respected Contributor

This is very unfortunate. Losing a job is very stressful and there are many retailers closing their dors! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

More than likely one of many other stores that will be closing.  Malls can no longer get the foot traffic needed to keep stores profitable.  If your lucky Amazon will take over the mall site and make a distribution center on it.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I can easily understand your thoughts.  Some stores don't do any upkeep

and keep their stores filthy which is disrespectful to customers and can be a health hazzard.

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty   If the mall where this store is located is anything like malls around the country this space will remain closed and vacant possibly for good. Pretty soon the mall will look like a ghost town. Hope those employees find work elsewhere. I always feel for those left to handle going out of business sales.

Trusted Contributor

too many good stores closing.. its sad.. i was upset when jcpennys closed... and kmart.. and now i hear pier one is probably next. at least you can still shop at there sites online.. its the economy i think.. stores aren't lasting now a days...... its sad,   i shop on amazon all the time.. but for clothes. shoes. even electronics i go to the stores...

Respected Contributor

I am never happy about any store closings.  People will be without jobs/food/housing because of this.  I would be afraid to make a statement like this because only by God's grace that could be my store.