Honored Contributor

Yarn for projects for this winter

Just ordered some yarn and I'm tickled pink to have this to look forward to crocheting.  I may try a few new projects this year.  Nothing too tough, I want to enjoy the projects not feel a pressure to take on more than I can handle.  (Arthritis some days).  Got a cramp the other day, not a first for sure, hurt like the devil!!

Are any of you planning any winter-stay-in projects at your house? or apt.?

Honored Contributor

Re: Yarn for projects for this winter

Crocheting hurts my fingers yet I can knit, different motions

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

How fun!  I love getting new yarn.  I have a triangle shaped shawl to pick back up.  It's taking a while since I'm using thin fingerling weight yarn, but it's so soft and 'drapy'.  

Esteemed Contributor

We don't stay indoors during the winter in Arizona. This is our time to get outside and enjoy the weather. Yarn projects might be fun stuff for us in the summer. 

Regular Contributor

I knit all winter on those long winter nights.  Nothing to ambitious...usually make hats/scarves to donate to homeless shelter and boys/girls club.  Also make cage blankets for animal shelter.  I think my family is happy I found places to take my items !!!

Honored Contributor

I knit all year for the 2 church groups I belong to.  Nothing difficult--hats, scarves, shawls, lap robes/baby blankets.  No complicated patterns.  It is one of the few things that has kept me sane the past 9!?!?!? months!  I get a lot of yarn from Joanne when they have sales and free shipping.  

Respected Contributor

I knit Prayer Shawls which are simple. I  have several going as get bored with the same colors. I used to take knitting along to conferences when we sat in workshops as it helped me pass the time.

Respected Contributor

I have yarn I bought for something else, but decided I want to try to make my first pullover sweater.  I also need to get yarn for a baby blanket.  The problem is finding a (crochet) stitch that I like but is not so "holey".  There are so many pretty, lacy looking blanket patterns, but I don't like the big holes.  

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal , I have my winter quilt project put together but have not started it seriously yet.  It is still too warm in Nova Scotia.

I did this pattern before and gifted it but liked it so much I decided to keep this one.  I think it is going to be a long winter.  S.  AKA Lilysmom

1B95BE06-0D0D-44F1-B432-65539B538238.jpeg

9EE6FCDC-E1EB-4BA4-AF33-CF23FB00A57F.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Oh I like this!!!!!  It's beautiful.  Those colors are wonderful.  I'd want to keep it too.

@Lilysmom1