Respected Contributor

Re: YOUR FAVORITE THANKSGIVING DISH

Scalloped potatoes and green bean casserole - And, homemade pumpkin pie!

Honored Contributor

It is oyster dressing for me with giblet gravy but what I really love the day after is a sandwich on good white bread with Best Food mayo and turkey. 

Valued Contributor

@Shanus Yes, canned, store bought jellied cranberry sauce and real butter only! 👍😋 There’s never margarine in my fridge.
Honored Contributor

Cranberry sauce, right out of the can!!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

I love it all.   I guess if I had to pick one thing , it would be the cornbread, sage and onion dressing.   Or sweet potato pie.

But, I love it all.    Well except cranberry sauce, jelly , whatever.  Don't like it in jelly form or chunks.  No cranberry anything for me.   

We're going out to a local hotel for Thanksgiving lunch but I'll cook the same meal for xmas.  Just the two of us.

@Bridgegal I have not had a sweet potato pie in FOREVER!  I always make pumpkin!Smiley Happy  I had some as a child, actually and loved it.Smiley Happy

@ECBG   If I remember, it kind of tasted the same...similar spices.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

I love it all.   I guess if I had to pick one thing , it would be the cornbread, sage and onion dressing.   Or sweet potato pie.

But, I love it all.    Well except cranberry sauce, jelly , whatever.  Don't like it in jelly form or chunks.  No cranberry anything for me.   

We're going out to a local hotel for Thanksgiving lunch but I'll cook the same meal for xmas.  Just the two of us.

@Bridgegal I have not had a sweet potato pie in FOREVER!  I always make pumpkin!Smiley Happy  I had some as a child, actually and loved it.Smiley Happy

@ECBG   If I remember, it kind of tasted the same...similar spices.

@Shanus Yes, still different, but it was rather yummy!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ECBG 

I think this should be the year to bring back the SP pie.  

Happy Thanksgiving.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I'm a Hoosier and Mashed Potatoes and Noodles is the official (OK....welll....unofficial) state food for any time of the year.  It's a staple with our Thanksgiving meal and also my favorite.  Our family never really got into any kind of yam/sweet potato dish nor the Cranberry Relish.  Most of us don't even care for pumpkin pie.  Myself, I'm not real fond of sweets anyway.  

My MIL serves noodles with every single meal even if also serving potatoes - always has. She is in Ohio, I wonder if that is a midwest thing?  

@ShanusI also love the jellied cranberry sauce in the can.  DH does not, so we make his, then I open the can of Ocean Spray and 'plop' it on a plate.  Voila! 

@Mj12   I do believe the noodles is more of a midwest comfort food.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown