Honored Contributor

Re: YOUR FAVORITE THANKSGIVING DISH

Dressing.  And just like OP I only want the canned jellied cranberry sauce.  

Honored Contributor

True story. My Mom was the worst cook ever....while she was alive, unless I did Thanksgiving, everyone suggested going to a buffet instead of her meal!!  I learned to cook (very well, I may add) from my aunt, Dad's sister. Dad's family owned a hotel in the Catskill Mts. upstate NY. I spent my summers there....in the kitchen learning, helping & watching the cooks, bakers, and my aunt. 

Honored Contributor

Dressing!!!!!! Love it.........Also my sister in laws Pumpkin squares for dessert!

Respected Contributor

Agree, @Shanus , I love the canned cranberries!  But we like the jelly that is smooth, no chunks.

Yams are always one of my favs, for sure!!

But most of all, the stuffing!!  That is what we call it where I come from, whether it is in the bird or not, it is stuffing!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

Agree, @Shanus , I love the canned cranberries!  But we like the jelly that is smooth, no chunks.

Yams are always one of my favs, for sure!!

But most of all, the stuffing!!  That is what we call it where I come from, whether it is in the bird or not, it is stuffing!!!

@redwingsgal  Stuffing or dressing...as long as I get a huge serving, it doesn't matter. 

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of pumpkin, but other than that, I like the basic menu most people serve. There's a corn dish I make with cream cheese that I like.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a Hoosier and Mashed Potatoes and Noodles is the official (OK....welll....unofficial) state food for any time of the year.  It's a staple with our Thanksgiving meal and also my favorite.  Our family never really got into any kind of yam/sweet potato dish nor the Cranberry Relish.  Most of us don't even care for pumpkin pie.  Myself, I'm not real fond of sweets anyway.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I hate candied yams.  It's the one thing I refuse to make and I hate it when a guest brings them.  I don't want them on my table...LOL   I like sweets as desserts, not as side dishes for the main course.  I grew up with homemade cranberry sauce.  Which I did not like.  I discovered cannied cranberry sauce and I like that, especially the next day with leftovers.  It's not Thanksgiving without my canned cranberry sauce.  I do things a little differently from the way my mother did it but I always have to have t roast turkey dinner.  I have to have apple pie and pumpkin or squash pie.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

True story. My Mom was the worst cook ever....while she was alive, unless I did Thanksgiving, everyone suggested going to a buffet instead of her meal!!  I learned to cook (very well, I may add) from my aunt, Dad's sister. Dad's family owned a hotel in the Catskill Mts. upstate NY. I spent my summers there....in the kitchen learning, helping & watching the cooks, bakers, and my aunt. 

@Shanus  That sounds magical.  What a fabulous way to learn how to cook and spend your summers.  

Respected Contributor

My stuffin' is my favorite dish.