Honored Contributor

Is it possible to do an hour of yoga w/o “passing gas”? Quite embarrassing.

Valued Contributor

I’ve never done that but it’s my greatest fear.

Honored Contributor

Never had that issue

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

That is the elephant in the room during yoga class ...!!

Respected Contributor

Yes, go on an empty stomach, don’t eat for at least 2 hrs before yoga-  best for any form of exercise...

Also advisable to do exercises to strengthen ‘that’ muscle, for a couple minutes daily, good for all of us as we age! 

Respected Contributor

Yes. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

Depends on what you eat, and when.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Lol!   Yes it is possible.  What time of day do you go to class, and what do you eat prior to class? 

Fruits and and veggies usually cause gas for me.  I go to an early morning yoga class and usually just have oatmeal or avocado on toast before I go.  This works for me.

I eat higher fiber foods and more veggies/salads later in the day.  Fortunately, I don’t go to any evening yoga classes! 

Respected Contributor

I have yoga DVD's and do yoga in the privacy of my own home. Solves that problem.Cat Wink

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

Is it possible to do an hour of yoga w/o “passing gas”? Quite embarrassing.

.....obviously others in my morning class are stopping off at a fast food place for sausage biscuits. Lol  Sometimes bodily functions just can’t be avoided, but geeeeez! At least make an effort!