Esteemed Contributor

Re: Xmas Decorations AFTER Halloween? Really???

When I worked....we decorated on Black Friday and the rest of that weekend....everything was dragged out of the attic and I put stuff out just to get it done so empty bins were back in the attic before going to work Mon..

Now that I am retired....I take a few bins at a time and do a little when my joints are achy right after the Hallowen is put away I also do a large Village that takes time....but I get the Granddaughter over and she helps

Takes me about 2 weeks to get it done....but I enjoy both doing the decorating now and the longer time I get to enoy the fruits of my labor....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We still  have our fall decorations up as we took our Halloween decorations down last month. I see people on our block with a bit of both up. It looks strange but, if that is what they want to do great. I will continue to put up my lights and decorations after Thanksgiving.

Respected Contributor

I have one neighbor who put his yard decorations up the first week of October. He is single. What I think is comical  as he rarely turns the lights on. even closer to Christmas as  seems frugal. The house is always dark except for the TV at night.I know some people prefer to decorate before it gets  really cold. We have been unseasonably cold the past two weeks and wind chill in the teens. About an inch of wet snow today in midthirties. I have another neighbor who works at a Landscape store that sells trees, plants and decorations. They also decorate early but the lights are turned on Thanksgiving time.

I enjoy the soothing items I have on timers living alone. They come on at 5pm. I have Wintery birds, Lumenaras , snowmen,   deer, fox, birch trees, pine trees with snow etc. Those items stay up until midwinter. They help get me through the short dark days with the time change. Many items I have are Winter decorations outside and inside.

I have a friend in TX. who has a large Christmas tree up all year all decorated and she is not even religious. It doesn't bother me what people do, just makes us all a little different .

Respected Contributor

I put mine up the first week of November! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

When I was working at a Party City store ,the 5th of July is when the holiday stuff started coming in, all the holidays including Valentines day, Easter, St Pats, Mardi gras---and stored until they could go out----that is retail.