Honored Contributor

If there are no cars at the light when you are turning left, it is very easy to miss the island.

I have almost done it a couple of times and I've been a passenger when someone almost did it.

Sometimes it is very hard to see that island, especially now that it gets dark so early.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

The downtown area of the small city where I live has many one-way streets. Worse, town planners make changes every few years so that some streets begin one-way traffic in a different spot than in the past. Needless to say, many people make mistakes. When I go down these newly created one way streets, I am always on the lookout for wrong-way drivers and I find them all too often. Our town gets many visitors and that is always a challenge...for them and for us locals.

Esteemed Contributor

When my cousin was 16, his friend borrowed his sisters car and all 3 friends went cruising. They went up a ramp that was an exit to the expressway. All 3 friends and the dog died instantly. They were hit head on. The driver of the truck was my Uncle who was badly injured. He would see my aunt crying and he would reassure her, that he was fine. He didn’t realize that one of the kids that had died was his nephew. Very sad. 

Trusted Contributor

I was on the highway entrance ramp yesterday and the guy in front of me realized he got on the wrong entrance and tried to back up.  Just in time he realized he was out of luck, with three cars already behind him.  It was close though - if the person behind me wasn't keeping a good distance I probably would have been rear ended.

I had a wrong way driver come at me last holiday shopping time. She was looking for the mall while yapping on her phone and turned into the highway exit ramp.  She sat there looking at me with the phone in her ear, like I was supposed to move.

People!

Respected Contributor

Re: Wrong Way Driver

[ Edited ]

Two Words:  Diane Schuler.

Can't see the words "Wrong Way Driver" without thinking of her.

I hate driving at night. Too  many phone diddlers, drunks, druggies, people not paying attention, dummies that got thier license in a cereal box.

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

Two Words:  Diane Schuler.

Can't see the words "Wrong Way Driver" without thinking of her.

I hate driving at night. Too  many phone diddlers, drunks, druggies, people not paying attention, dummies that got thier license in a cereal box.

@Othereeeen   Same here. My sister came to visit from Australia shortly after that happened. She asked me what was that ladies name as she wanted to read about it. I said just google wrong way driver. Such a tragedy.

Respected Contributor

We live in a small town that's experiencing explosive growth.  Until fairly recently, traffic and drivers have not been a problem.  Now, every time I leave the house I wonder if I'm going to get home safely.  Everyday, drivers pull out into oncoming traffic seemingly without looking.   Drivers are stopping at green lights and going through red lights.   Our son saw 4 cars, one right after the other,  go through a red light and it hadn't just turned red.  People aren't paying attention!  They may be looking at their phones, but they aren't looking at the traffic situation.   Scary.