Honored Contributor

Write It On Your Heart........

Image may contain: text that says '"Write it it on your heart that every day the best day ir the year. He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day who allows itt be invaded with fret and anxiety. Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities, doubt crept in. Forget them soon as you can, tomorrow new day; begin well and serenely, with too high spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This new day is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste moment on the yesterdays."'

Honored Contributor

Re: Write It On Your Heart........

Excellent and so meaningful, now I only wish I could follow the message it gives.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Image may contain: text that says '"Write it it on your heart that every day the best day ir the year. He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day who allows itt be invaded with fret and anxiety. Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities, doubt crept in. Forget them soon as you can, tomorrow new day; begin well and serenely, with too high spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This new day is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste moment on the yesterdays."'

@spiderw 

If I may, I'll share what this piece says to me.

"Every single day is wonderful;  don't lose the day's value with  "I should have or I could have."  which opens the new day to sadness and takes away what is 

From myself,

It is always better to go forward.  Yesterday is gone.

Be happy and live in the positive.

Honored Contributor

Very well said and thank you!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG,  Thank you for reminding us of Emerson's wisdom.   I've been feeling myself fall into deeper depression of late and was searching around for direction, focus.   My first inpatient psych hospital stay was a pilot program for women, 3 weeks of intensive care and therapy and education.  Part of our daily morning routine was to gather, read, and reflect on that day's entry in the little book, "Each Day a New Beginning," the title reminiscent of Emerson's and your words.   I realized I'd lost touch with some important lessons from those days of reflection, healing, learning.   You reminded me to go back to my books and notes from that time, and also to think about how this relates to forgiveness and gratitude, which I feel are intertwined.   Forgiving others, but also forgiving ourselves.  And finding gratitude for even the tiniest of simple joys each day, writing them down, and cultivating hope.  I spent several hours last night doing so, after reading this thread.    Hours well spent.   Thank you for the gift you gave me.  Take good care of yourself, be safe and well.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@ECBG,  Thank you for reminding us of Emerson's wisdom.   I've been feeling myself fall into deeper depression of late and was searching around for direction, focus.   My first inpatient psych hospital stay was a pilot program for women, 3 weeks of intensive care and therapy and education.  Part of our daily morning routine was to gather, read, and reflect on that day's entry in the little book, "Each Day a New Beginning."   I realized I'd lost touch with some important lessons from those days of reflection, healing, learning.   You reminded me to go back to my books and notes from that time, and also to think about how this relates to forgiveness and gratitude, which I feel are intertwined.   Forgiving others, but also forgiving ourselves.  And finding gratitude for even the tiniest of simple joys each day, writing them down, and cultivating hope.  I spent several hours last night doing so, after reading this thread.    Hours well spent.   Thank you for the gift you gave me.  Take good care of yourself, be safe and well.❤️

@dooBdoo 

You're so welcome.

I used to read passages like these to my senior counciling course often. 

We also went through Kahl Gilbron's The Prophet which is a guide for life.

Every time I am upset, I pull it out.

You would enjoy it, I believe.  I can't be without it.

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@ECBG,  Thank you for reminding us of Emerson's wisdom.   I've been feeling myself fall into deeper depression of late and was searching around for direction, focus.   My first inpatient psych hospital stay was a pilot program for women, 3 weeks of intensive care and therapy and education.  Part of our daily morning routine was to gather, read, and reflect on that day's entry in the little book, "Each Day a New Beginning," the title reminiscent of Emerson's and your words.   I realized I'd lost touch with some important lessons from those days of reflection, healing, learning.   You reminded me to go back to my books and notes from that time, and also to think about how this relates to forgiveness and gratitude, which I feel are intertwined.   Forgiving others, but also forgiving ourselves.  And finding gratitude for even the tiniest of simple joys each day, writing them down, and cultivating hope.  I spent several hours last night doing so, after reading this thread.    Hours well spent.   Thank you for the gift you gave me.  Take good care of yourself, be safe and well.❤️

And thank u for giving credit to the poet Ralph Waldo Emerson.