Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wow is all i can say......

@Trinity11 wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Trinity11 My mother was never mentioned,so Im not sure what you are talking about

@Luvsmyfam, I remembered that post too. A reminder.

Respected Contributor
sherrikay

Dating

‎04-14-2022 08:57 PM

tomorrow is my birthday.plans were to celebrate with my loving parents and a man friend.now things have changed due to my mother feeling under the weather.i passed this info along to my friend.he then said ok,you and I can go out.is this considered a date?I haven't been on one for so many years,not even sure how to act!little nervous about this q friends.any suggestions?

Thank you @tiny 2 . My memory is better than I thought!😁😁😉😉

@Trinity11  I remember this also but it's over 80 degrees here in hotlanta so  I thought my memory was fried.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 yA NOW i REMEMBER,MY MOTHER WAS SICK AT THE TIME,BUT THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ME GOING OUT WITH HIM.iM DONE WITH HIME AND HAVE MOVED ON.i ACTUALLY HAD A DATE THIS PAST SAT NIGHT.wASNT TO THRILLED,BUT GLAD TO BE OUT

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Trinity11 yA NOW i REMEMBER,MY MOTHER WAS SICK AT THE TIME,BUT THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ME GOING OUT WITH HIM.iM DONE WITH HIME AND HAVE MOVED ON.i ACTUALLY HAD A DATE THIS PAST SAT NIGHT.wASNT TO THRILLED,BUT GLAD TO BE OUT

@Luvsmyfam  good for you. Keep it up. Be happy!!

@Luvsmyfam  take your CAPS off.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  -   Why don't you just be friends with this guy?  He was there when your mom got sick which was very nice.  

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal yes we have talked since,and we are staying friends.thank you for replying

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Goldengate8361 yes,but still very hurtfull.it is extremely lonely being by yourself.i grew up with parents being married forever,and still to this day.iv always wanted this.anyway,thank-you  for responding.i appreciate it

@Luvsmyfam   This is what you would do better to think about, not this man who just was not as into you as you were into him.

You are looking to recreate something that may not happen. 

I'm sorry you feel betrayed; it hurts, undestandably

Yet if you are looking to recreate the life of your parents, your intentions are on the wrong path.

If it is meant to be, it will be.  I lived alone for a long time; my marriage today was never a "goal"; it happened when it was meant to happen.

I wouldn't tell him to not show up anymore; that isn't your call unless you own the bar.  He still has the right to show up for a drink.

Good luck-you seem like a nice person and I wish you well.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I was in a relationship back in the day - exactly as you described...until I found out about him being a 'ladies man' and I told him it was quits !  Tossing him in the dirt was the best thing I ever did  !

Trusted Contributor

Admittedly, I haven't read every post and don't know much back story, but I will say from experience, that any person over 25 who is a bar regular is probably not relationship material.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think him stalking you at work is alarming. Tell him to stop doing that and put it in a letter so you'll have a record.

If you haven't already done so, alert your boss that this person is bothering you and if possible, have him banned.

Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Luvsmyfam  -   Why don't you just be friends with this guy?  He was there when your mom got sick which was very nice.  

I disagree. She should avoid him like the plague.