Honored Contributor

Wow! My mother would have been 85 today😞💐

Today would have been my mother's 85th birthday.   I can't believe she's passed away 28 years ago.

My sister was reminiscing with me today with so many family bdays this week & mother's day this weekend.  

Geez, I'm sure she would be enjoying seeing how her family is doing & loving she is a great-grandmother!  But, our dad would be the one "spoiling" them😊 

💐

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wow! My mother would have been 85 today😞💐

@homedecor1 Happy Birthday to your Mom! Nice that you think of her so fondly. 

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Today would have been my mother's 85th birthday.   I can't believe she's passed away 28 years ago.

My sister was reminiscing with me today with so many family bdays this week & mother's day this weekend.  

Geez, I'm sure she would be enjoying seeing how her family is doing & loving she is a great-grandmother!  But, our dad would be the one "spoiling" them😊 

💐

Next Monday would have been my father’s 100th birthday !  Can’t believe he passed away 19 years ago.  He also loved spoiling his grandkids...🙂

Super Contributor

Happy Heavenly birthday to your mom. Today would have been my son's 52nd birthday. He passed away 13 years ago and I still miss him like mad.

Honored Contributor

Yes Happy Heavenly Birthday and Mother’s Day to all of our Moms.

Its been 10 years last month for me.

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum 

Thank you believe me if every kid had her as a mother they'd be "set for life skills"!  

We "fought" over everything starting with why did I have to learn about good housekeeping, sewing, cooking, baking, couldn't stay out late, wear makeup, go to mall without a adult,  etc. & go to private all girls school while my friends were running the streets🤔.   my parents were "strict" and Italian therefore we got no "slack"....plus we had maid -- she taught me what they didn't  & sometimes she was their eyes🙄.  They were like the "tag team" -- My brother & I laugh because he was always "threatening" he was running away!  So my mother packed him a bag and he wouldn't go! Oh those fun times as kids.

Too bad she passed away or I would have to eat "crow" and tell her "thanks for being "strick" she was right!".   She was one tough mom but it paid off in the end for me😊.  As in life we don't appreciate things until we're older🌷.  I kid my boys "just wait"!!!

My friends "kid" me they want to hire me I'm good domestic help🤣.  

Honored Contributor

@ChouChou 

Thank you! I wish your son in heaven a happy birthday & prayers to you.  there is no greater love than a mother & child and loss in comparison to losing a parent.  

My brother lost his son 2 years ago and his bday was 5/3 -- although he's no longer on earth he is in our ❤️ forever.  We celebrate the wonderful moments we had with him on his birthday.

I'm sure he smiles down and sends you love everyday.🌹 Many hugs to you & 

Happy Mother's Day💐🙏🏻

Esteemed Contributor

How wonderful you have such nice memories.  My mom has been gone for a number years and I think of her often.

Valued Contributor

Memories are to be cherished since they are all we take with us when we leave this earth.

God Bless my Mom, Brother, Sisters, and Grandparents, and the rest of my departed large family on both sides, as they will remain in my mind and heart no matter where I go.........God Willing....