Respected Contributor

Re: Wow! I'm really feeling Useless ...

@katiemichelle wrote:

I think if it was me, I would have checked in with her sometime between February and June.

============================

You probably didn't read the post on page 2. 

The last time I spoke to her about it was April 26th.

I don't feel comfortable "nagging" .. which is what it would've felt like had I reminded her again in May.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

The only one, or thing that could possibly make me feel useless is myself, and I don't see that, at my stage of life, ever happening. If what others did, or did not do, or thought "whatever" of, or about me, would I give a ****, not a chance!

I see feeling useless like I do happiness, nobody controls that but mmwhaaa(me).

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

You might be eligible for Unemployment Compensation.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

You might be eligible for Unemployment Compensation.

===========================

LOL!

I don't think so ... I'm retired.

This was my "get out of the house" job, 12 hrs./week.

I started out at 4 hrs./wk, then went up to 12.

You know what's funny?

The last day of school, one of my co-workers (he's in his early 20's) was dozing off in a chair.

When I startled him, he said that he and another worker had done an "all-niter".  They just stayed up all nite for fun.  Apparently, in the wee hours, they were working out at one of those 24-hour gyms.

When he told me this, it reminded me of when (many years ago) I could work 12 hrs. a day -- I was the quintessential "career girl".

Now 12 hrs./week is enuf.   Woman Frustrated

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."