Honored Contributor

Re: Would you visit someone at their home for Thanksgiving under these circumstances?

Putting on the dusty old Ann Landers hat.  Advice:  Stay home. Thank you. Happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

Re: Would you visit someone at their home for Thanksgiving under these circumstances?

I would be much happier if you stayed home.  Don't be afraid to tell them why.  You can see them when all are healthy again -- and vaccinated!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank them for the invitation, and explain that due to your husband's health issues, you will not be able to make the trip, but maybe visit via zoom or Facebook that morning. My mother got cDif while in a rehab facility and it took a long time for her to recover from it. It is indeed very contagious. You are doing the smart thing by not going and subjecting yourself to heaven-knows- what and frankly, I am surprised they would even issue an invitation right now since so many seem to have health problems.  Make plans of your own so you and DH can celebrate thanksgiving as you feel the most comfortable. I am sorry he is having so much pain and hope a quiet, relaxing holiday will be good for you both. Many of us will be doing the same this year. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why are you even questioning whether to go or not? Your husband's health problems alone are enough to stay home.

Valued Contributor

If you have to think about it no matter what the reason, don't do it.  

Honored Contributor

I can't believe that they even dared to invite you and your DH, considering their contagious surroundings.

Please stay home. 

You and DH don't need or want to be hospitalized now-a-days.

Just tell them that you'd love to see them via  Zoom at Thanksgiving!  Make it positive.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

Why are you even questioning whether to go or not? Your husband's health problems alone are enough to stay home.

Why would you consider going when your husband could be misearble?  Would your husband actually go just to please you?  If I were your husband, I sure as heck wouldn't go whether you wanted to or not.

Honored Contributor

I can't even believe the OP is asking this question.  It's not even anything that I would think about or consider doing.  

Trusted Contributor

Every paragraph in the original post contained a reason not to do this.  I don't understand why people have difficulty doing what is clearly best for them.  Things have changed - we can't do the things we used to do.