Respected Contributor

Re: Would you visit someone at their home for Thanksgiving under these circumstances?

@Mindy D Under no circumstances would I make that trip nor would I want them to come to my home. I would just decline the invitation and never give it a second thought.

Honored Contributor

Re: Would you visit someone at their home for Thanksgiving under these circumstances?

No!

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Trinity11 @He never is without a cluster headache. He has the type of cluster headache that occurs multiple times a day, every day.

My heart goes out to you (seeing him in such pain) and your husband @Mindy D . I had just two cluster headaches (history of migraine) last year with shingles that went into my eye. They were the worst pain I have ever experienced, worse than a heart attack and childbirth. They gave me morphine in the ER . Has your husband exhausted all possible sources of relief? A major medical center, perhaps?

Honored Contributor

No ,i would not go ,i would thank them for the invitation, and explain why you can not go.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 @tried everything known to man except for psilocybin. Twenty six years of torture. 

Honored Contributor

Your DH is clearly not up to traveling. I would most definitely decline the invitation, for that reason alone.
Super Contributor

@Mindy D Nope, I wouldn't go.  Plus, a 2+ hour ride, with a cluster headache?  No way.  Do Facetime and stay home.  Hope your DH & family feel better soon!

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Trinity11 @tried everything known to man except for psilocybin. Psyologically speaking, both brothers need to see each other as both are on the emotional brink, but practicality speaking, it would be so unwise to do so. I just hope either one of them can keep from going over the due. They are both close to it. 

Has he tried verapamil ? I found it works for migraine and was told people with cluster headaches can get some relief...also a nerve block.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D 

as much as one may love their family , C Difficile  is a deal breaker for me eating at a  home who is preparing the food . I've seen  alot of people suffer with C Diff

Honored Contributor

@On It @It's the mental health of the two brothers that really has me concerned.