Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would you ride in a driverless Uber car?

NO NEVER!!!

Respected Contributor

No. Looks like it's a landslide for NO.

Contributor

No!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, as long as I could sit in the driver's seat and take over if needed.

I actually saw the Uber ones out on the road the other day when I was walking down to the corporate office.  This is in Pittsburgh, where they are launching them.  I guess someone does need to be in the car for driving over bridges.  They haven't worked out the bugs on that yet.

I am hoping that in the next 20 years, they perfect them so I when I am no longer able to drive myself, that I can just have a driverless car to do that for me.  Out here in the boonies, unless you have someone who can drive you around, you pretty much have to do it yourself.

Super Contributor

NO!

Esteemed Contributor

No.

Admittedly, I know very little about Ubers and what it takes to become an Uber driver but, right now, I wouldn't even take an Uber WITH a driver.l

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

They just put a fleet of driverless uber cars on the road in Pittsburgh, except they do have a driver in place just in case. I'd love to try it. They started in Pittsburgh because between the mountainous narrow roads and the 3 rivers it is pretty challenging to drive here, and they wanted a difficult challenge for the trial.

Respected Contributor

NO

Honored Contributor

In a heartbeat.  Individual personal public transportation is almost as good that Star Trek transporter thing I've been waiting on.    

Honored Contributor

No way!  They are so going to be hacked and hi-jacked by some not-very-nice techies, that we won't know exactly where we will end up!   They could probably even be hi-jacked long-distance, from other countries.   More difficult to track them down over there.  Just wait and see.........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).