Respected Contributor

Re: Would you kindly say a prayer?

My father-in-law had this very same surgery for colon cancer that went to the liver. The surgery was very successful. The recovery was kind of long because the liver has something to do with energy and fatigue and he was very tired during his recovery as his liver grew back. He was 70. He lived another 10 years and passed at 80 when the cancer ended up in his lungs.

Best of luck and prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

Just add my name to the list of those praying for a successful outcome.

Respected Contributor

Hi Gloria,

Yes, I join the other fine people here in prayer for your niece!  Also sending prayers for your whole family!  Take care pal.

(((hugs)))

Cathy

Valued Contributor

@gloriajean, prayers sent up.I thought about telling you this for a while but, I had liver resection in 2007, I have 25 percent of my liver. Doesn't grow back with disease. I went in Feb 14th and came home march 28. It is a painful surgery.mine was open I had 300 or so stitches.  Be prepared  for long recovery..But happily I have lived 11 years well,she will have to modify things ,watching for infections, not drinking,being mindful of meds even otc...You are such a spiritual filled woman,she is blessed to have you..Will be praying for her long ,happy life..hugs,MaryAnne

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all so much for caring and praying for my niece, Linda.

Her parents have both passed away.  She has had rectal cancer too, now this.  Thanks for informing me how awful this is and the long recovery. MaryAnne, so happy you have this 11 years behind you! Thanks for sharing.Thanks again for your prayers which is very much appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Oh my @gloriajean  I didn't know this was Linda who is having another bout of cancer.  I've prayed for her before and continue to do so.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

Your niece is in my prayers and so are you. 

GET RICH...........Count Your Blessings!
Trusted Contributor

Praying for Linda as the hour must be getting closer for the surgery. God will be with her all the way.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all your prayers, my friends!  This is Linda, my niece, she has also had colon cancer and had some colon removed.  This is not my friend, Linda, who has stage 4 cancer, but is still very active, and does crafts all the time. She has chemo every week.  Her surgery is tomorrow.  

Trusted Contributor

🙏 More prayers offered for your niece, Linda as she faces another serious surgery today, @gloriajean