Honored Contributor

Re: Would you get married again?

@Kitlynn wrote:

I don't think I would as I have a great husband and if I am really honest I don't think anyone else would measure up. We have been married for thirty five years and it is just magic between us even after all these years. I hope we get a lot more years of wonderful!

@Kitlynn what a nice post! You are fortunate.

Honored Contributor

I can't even answer because the thought of losing my husband terrifies me.

When I was young, I thought that by the time you got up in years, it wouldn't be so painful losing the one you love.

Boy was I wrong.  With age, the love just got stronger and stronger.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

A co-worker once said she only took out enough life insurance to cover her funeral expenses. (her children were long married and on their own

She didnt want her husband living large remarried to a younger 2nd wife.

no i personally would not remarry . no no no !  

@CatsyCline 

Wow!  Talk about a control freak .... trying to control her husband from her grave?   I hope she was making a joke.  

@Tinkrbl44   No,  she was dead up serious. Old school Sicilian. She was around 60 then and everything was so regimented in her world. When her father passed she wore black clothing for an entire year. It was a sign of disrespect if one did not wear black for the departed.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No. I don't want to cater to anyone else's ways.
Not to mention dealing with their children, grandchildren and all of the other baggage that goes along with second marriages. 

And I don't have a problem traveling or going anywhere by myself. Plus I don't need or want a companion. Hubby feels the same way. 

Esteemed Contributor

My husand had several nieces and nephews.  About 5 yrs. ago we got a phone call the husband of one of his nieces dropped over a work and died.  He was in his early 50s. They had been married for 25 years.

3 months later my hubs came home from town and he had run into one of his brothers who announced the widow of 3 months had gotten married.......not started dating, got married. 90 days. My poor hubby was shocked, me, not so much, although I feel you should at least wait til the ink is dry on the death certificate.

Evidently, she hooked up with a boyfriend from high school. I guess some folks don't want to be alone even though she had a teenage boy at home.

Honored Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

I don't think I would as I have a great husband and if I am really honest I don't think anyone else would measure up. We have been married for thirty five years and it is just magic between us even after all these years. I hope we get a lot more years of wonderful!

@Kitlynn 

How very sweet.   Heart

Just curious ... how long after you first met him for the first time did you know he was "the one" ?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I trained to become a grief counselor, I learned that it is most common for men to "replace" while women don't. I found this to be true.

Should something happen to my adorable husband❤️, I would not want to remarry. I would, however, love to have a close companion or six (preferably gay) to socialize with--attend music venues, live theater performances, dinners out at great new or favorite old restaurants or even staying in trying out new recipes and watching movies over a favorite bottle of wine.

I do think my husband would run out and find someone immediately. I have observed some role reversal lately. I think I have become a bit more independent (I love being alone) while I sense he is becoming more emotionally dependent on me.

Respected Contributor

No, I would not marry again. Wouldn't even date.  My husband and I have been married for 41 marvelous years. Still love him madly.  He was the one for me. Once you have had the best, you can forget about the rest.

Honored Contributor

NO and no desire to think about it.

I want to enjoy the life that's left in me without the stress of satisfying anyone else.

My friend just remarried after being widowed for 35 years (lost her spouse when she was 32) ...she is seriously unhappy and to think he was the next "Mr. Wonderful" until that ring went on!

Respected Contributor

I was married for almost 17 years, no children, and currently living w/my BF of 20 years. I would not want another relationship. This one is fraught with lots of drama from his children and I really am an introvert.