Respected Contributor

Re: Would you get married again?

@on the bay wrote:

My husband and I always said no one else would want to live with either of us!😁 

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yep, same with us.  I know no one would ever put up with me.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

There's only one man for me.  Had I been widowed when I was younger, marrying again may have been an option.  Now, I can't picture myself with someone else.  I don't even want to think about it. 

Honored Contributor

@FatCatinCT,

That's so cute about the flowers!

Makes me think of when my father and his 4th wife (4th time was the charm), they would go to the Hallmark store and look through cards and have each other read the card they would choose for each other. Not buy the card you understand, just put it back in the rack and go on their way!😄

I thought that was so brilliant!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't want to do all the dating stuff.  I'd prefer a male friiend to go out to eat or to shows with.  That's where it would end.  Don't have the energy to go through all that nor the want.  I like silence.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay   smart woman, I like your response.

Trusted Contributor

Yes and I did.    Was widowed at 54.   

Honored Contributor

I like to think I would want to fall in love with a great guy and build a life with him.  Of, course it would be a different love than the one I found when I was 20.  I think every love is different.  I love being part of a couple.  I don't think I would want to be single, it can be isolating and lonely.  I have joked to my husband that if he goes before I do, I'm brining a date to his funeral.  I'm 62 and finding love is harder for older people but I'm pretty sure I'd try.  As for hubby, I certainly do hope and pray that if I'm not around, he finds love and companionship with someone because I adore that man and I want him to be happy.  If some other woman gets the "stuff".... so be it.  It's not like I'll have any use for it.  

Honored Contributor

Emphatically No. I would constantly be comparing him to my husband and it would not be fair to him. After 47 years, I don't think there is a man on the planet that could ever make me as happy as my husband has. 

Honored Contributor

I am not sure...my husband is 17 years older then I am so I guess it is a possibility that I would have that opportunity...I don't think I would want to get used to another man.

I am his second wife, the first wife only lasted 8 years when she walked out.

I recall one of his daughters asking who got his money when he died...she thought I married him for his money, trust me he was not wealthy.  

She was probably 12 at the time and I was surprised she asked (not in my presence) but I was furious that her dad answered her question.  Personally he should have told her it was none of her business but he did not....he told her everything would go to me.  I don't know why kids think their parents personal business is their business...I think those things should be shared on a 'need to know' basis.  She even asked for a piece of furniture...when we were gone...her dad did tell her that was a family piece from my family and she would not be entitled to it.

I don't have children of my own so I could be looking at this in the wrong way.  

Honored Contributor

No!