Honored Contributor

Re: Would you get married again?

"Live in sin"?   I hope this phrase wasn't used seriously.  This is 2022.  

And what is with the assumption that a woman who meets a widowed man, must be after the former wife's belongings?   She just may be far more wealthier than that man, and not at all interested in the dead wife's stuff.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@september wrote:

"Live in sin"?   I hope this phrase wasn't used seriously.  This is 2022.  

And what is with the assumption that a woman who meets a widowed man, must be after the former wife's belongings?   She just may be far more wealthier than that man, and not at all interested in the dead wife's stuff.  

What year it is is completely irrelevant. 

Esteemed Contributor

No, I wouldn't marry again.  When I was 26 and he was 29 he got very very sick,almost died.  We had two little kids.  I wonder if, back then, if he had not survived would I have remarried? I'm so grateful he survived and we raised those two kids into wonderful, kind, productive people.  Sorry to ramble🙄

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

No way

Valued Contributor

No.  Once is sufficient.

Esteemed Contributor

(thread title)

Since I didn't get married until I was 62, and am now 83? Throw in being with my same beautiful wife for 30+ years before we decided "till death only will part us"! 

Who the he!! would want to marry and old set in his ways dirty old man? Ah, nobody I made a promise and I keep them.

What was your question again Bob?🤨  Oh yeh, NO I would not.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrakesMomma wrote:

I wouldn't but perhaps I'd look for a pool-boy.  We don't have a pool.  No space for one.

I'm sure my husband would remarry.  Even though he doesn't think so, he needs people.  I love my husband.  I would want him to be happy and if a hussy would make him happy I'm all for it.  Smiley Wink

LOL! This!!! I'd look for a pool boy also!😅

I'd never remarry. H* LL to the NO! Not even to my first and only love before dh. Been married 48 years. I agree with those that say they don't want someone else getting what's meant to be left to the kids(grown or not). I don't care if hubby remarries when I die but I want my sons to get all our assets. As far as my life insurance, my large policy goes to my sons to be divided equally. My smaller policy goes to dh. I've been married more than half my life. I've never lived on my own. Never had my own room. Should that circumstance present itself. I'm going to try it!😉

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666 NO I would not remarry, nor will I ever own another dog.  I have been married for 37 years and I would not start over training either one again!

Love this! 

-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

The possibility would not be out of the question.  If I found the right person who would be a good companion, I'd be open to remarrying.  

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

No, I would not and not because he's not a good husband, father, provider or not because it was the love story of the century and nothing could compare, it's just been there done that. 

I'm not looking to be anyones nursemaid or maybe a meal ticket.  I would be able to take care of myself financially and if there is anything left, I won't be sharing with anyone other than our daughter and grandson.

This is how I feel also.

I wouldn't even, as someone else said, "live in sin"(no matter what the year, sin is sin)but I would have a pool boy! Lol!😂 some sins are worth it!

-Kahlil Gibran